254 West 31st Street
NYRP improves, maintains, and programs open spaces in communities lacking adequate resources. Working on public and private land citywide, NYRP’s flexible approach to land management serves as a model for non-profit municipal engagement. Together with partners in city agencies, non-profit organizations, and local communities, NYRP demonstrates the social and environmental value of building ownership over open spaces.
The Director of Individual Giving and Events will lead the Individual Giving program, including major gifts, annual fund and special events. The position will be responsible for the growth and expansion of individual philanthropic support for NYRP.
He/she will report to the Chief Development Officer, and work closely with the Board of Trustees and Executive Director of NYRP to lead the frontline individual gift fundraising staff and will serve as the leading strategist, while carrying a portfolio of select prospects and donors. The Director of Individual Giving and Events will develop and execute a plan for the identification, qualification, engagement, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of individual donors and prospects.
The Director of Individual Giving and Events will be accountable for the annual Individual Giving department goals, including the Direct Response program, and will direct both strategy and program implementation. In addition, he/she will assist the Chief Development Officer with two annual fundraising events, the signature Hulaween and Spring Picnic, which represents 41% of the core budget annual income to NYRP.
The Director of Individual Giving and Events will demonstrate strong leadership for the individual giving program and will be the primary liaison to work with our vendors.
- Strategically design and implement a major gifts program and the planned giving program;
- Serve as lead strategist for the Individual Giving team, developing unique and integrated strategies for in-person cultivation and solicitation;
- Oversee performance of the Individual Giving program and staff including revenue projections, goal-setting, performance-monitoring and budgeting;
- Manage the direct response marketing program as a feeder system to a major gifts program for NYRP;
- Establish strategy, goals, protocols and systems for the membership program, working with the Direct Response marketing firm;
- Work with the CDO, Executive Director and an outside special events firm strategically manage and support two annual fundraising galas and establish protocols for consistent donor relations resulting from these events;
- Establish annual and monthly Individual Giving team fundraising goals, team and individual accountability metrics, performance indicators, solicitation timelines and activity goals;
- Prepare annual performance evaluations of all Individual Giving staff;
Required Characteristics and Qualifications
The ideal candidate will possess the following experience and attributes:
- Proven track record of successfully staffing and personally soliciting major gifts, including the design and execution of strategies, as well as the effective engagement of key leaders in those strategies;
- A minimum of five years of experience
- Leadership, strong management, and personal energy to lead a team of motivated professionals to continually achieve goals, overcomes obstacles while creating donor and member loyalty;
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested individuals are encouraged to send a cover letter and resume by email to HR@nyrp.org or standard mail to 254 W. 31st Street, 10th Floor, New York, NY 10001.
All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, creed (religion), color, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, military status, age, disability, predisposing genetic characteristic, marital status or domestic violence victim status, and shall also follow the requirements of the Human Rights Law with regard to non-discrimination on the basis of prior criminal conviction and prior arrest.