14 East 4th Street
HealthRight International is a global health organization that builds access to health services for marginalized populations, with particular focus on four marginalized populations including: women and children, migrant populations, adolescents, and LGBTI individuals. Employing a human rights-based approach, HealthRight works closely with community-based partners to build local capacity and create sustainable programs that have lasting impact. HealthRight works in places that few other organizations work, with populations few others work with, all while employing a community-based approach few others can. Since its founding in 1990 by the late Dr. Jonathan Mann, HealthRight has worked in over 30 countries, with current projects in Asia, Africa, Eastern Europe, and the United States.
In coordination with the senior leadership team, the Development Manager will lead on the creation and execution of a fundraising strategy that will include HealthRight’s annual Health & Human Rights Awards dinner, the annual appeal, cultivation activities, grant management and individual/organizational giving.
· Develop and execute an annual fundraising strategy that will expand and diversify income;
· Produce HealthRight’s annual Health & Human Rights Awards Dinner and any other planned fundraising events;
· Support the Board’s Development and Event Committees;
· Measure Fundraising performance via Key Performance Indicators (KPIs);
· Ensure effective management of donor database;
· Prepare ongoing updates and analysis of progress for the Executive Director and the Board of Directors;
· Grant research, writing and management;
· 5-7 years of experience in fundraising strategy, donor cultivation and diversification, and event production;
· Proven track record of raising funds from diverse sources, including major gifts from individuals, foundations, corporations and/or government agencies;
· The ability to motivate and work effectively with Board members and senior management;
· Experience with Raiser’s Edge, DonorPerfect and/or SalesForce.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Minimum Education Required