3269 Mission St
Mission Asset Fund (MAF) is a ground breaking non-profit on a mission to create a fair financial marketplace for hardworking families. MAF is a nationwide leader in building and expanding innovative and successful asset-building strategies. Our award-winning social loan models are building pathways out of the financial shadows for low-income individuals across the U.S.
Located in a vibrant and culturally diverse neighborhood in San Francisco, Mission Asset Fund attracts bright and talented staff members who are driven to create sustainable, scalable social change. As a nonprofit and tech startup, we attract people who like to jump in with both feet and who aren’t afraid of learning how to do better. With an open office environment, collaboration and teamwork is more than just a value - it’s a way of life. Hailing from many different cultural and professional backgrounds, we are drawn together by a passion for embracing technology and creativity to make the world a better place for hardworking families.
We are seeking a full-time Client Success Manager to help implement MAF’s Lending Circles, Immigration Loans and Business Programs, provide a high level of customer service to clients throughout their participation, and engage the community effectively.
The ideal candidate should have:
- A can-do, optimistic attitude
- A culturally-sensitive approach to financial empowerment
- Experience in customer service, social/human services, asset-building, economic or community development
- Confidence navigating cloud-based platforms and online tools to track information, communicate with clients and collaborate across teams
- Familiarity or interest in personal finance, consumer protection, entrepreneurship or personal credit
- Exceptional communication skills and commitment to providing a high level of client support
- Capacity to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Aptitude to learn quickly, adapt, and have fun in a fast-paced work environment
- Interest, ability and experience working with diverse communities, including low-income families and immigrants
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Conduct intake, verification of requirements, loan underwriting, group formations and provide ongoing client support in-person and on-line, to ensure a successful journey through MAF's programs.
- Maintain accurate electronic files and records while adhering to underwriting procedures and loan servicing policies.
- Assure compliance with government and foundation grant requirements, which includes completing required documentation, ensuring program deliverables, reporting on outcomes and coordinating the collection of client success stories.
- Welcome clients when they arrive, resolve their questions, provide support throughout program participation, and provide referrals to other services.
- Maintain consistent communication with clients one-on-one, in group settings and virtually to set clear expectations about program policies and procedures.
- Track all email and phone communication on Salesforce records and respond to inquiries in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Treat clients with respect; actively seek to understand their unique perspective and concerns; convey empathy in-person and in written communication; and serve as a client advocate.
- Assess client concerns, troubleshoot with team members and escalate as needed to Programs Director.
- Maintain collaborative relationships with community-based organizations providing immigration, citizenship, or asset-building services to increase the reach of MAF’s programs.
- Coordinate and conduct in-person and virtual presentations on MAF’s programs and on special topics to diverse audiences.
- Bilingual a must. Must be able to read, write and speak English and Spanish proficiently.
- Experience in a professional setting preferably with mission-driven, non-profit organizations
- Proficiency in Salesforce or other online CRM applications
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Independent, self-motivated worker
- Good sense of humor, healthy interpersonal skills, positive attitude, and ability to work well in teams
- Ability to travel within the San Francisco Bay Area
- Complete reports and other paperwork in a timely manner.
- Some nights or weekends and travel required.
- Undergraduate degree preferred
This is a full-time and exempt position with a competitive salary and generous benefits package.
Equal Opportunity Employment
Mission Asset Fund is an equal opportunity employer; people of color and individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Mission Asset Fund does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnic background, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, or disability.
Deadline: Position will remain open until filled.
- No phone calls.
- Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- Do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers.
Minimum Education Required