Full Time Temporary
Details: to be defined on the bases of experience
Global Youth Advocacy is a Capacity Building project approved by the Erasmus+ Programme. The topic of this project is to develop training modules for NGOs in the field of advocacy through non-formal education. The consortium will develop specific competences that enabling to promote active participation and providing tools to young people to implement advocacy activities, particularly to raise awareness and introducing change making in the communities. The project involves organizations from Italy, Romania, Spain, Colombia, Ecuador and Dominican Republic.
Below the international meetings in which the Advocacy Trainer will participate:
· A1 Kick off meeting (Romania), 15 participants, 23rd-30th of June 2018.
· A2 Advocacy and communication Training Course (Dominican Republic), 17 participants, 22nd-30th of August 2018;
· A3 Training of Facilitators (Italy), 20 participants, 16th-25th of November 2018;
· A4 1st Youth Exchange in EU, (Spain), 28 participants, 10th-21st of December 2018;
· A6 2nd Youth Exchange in LA (Colombia ), 28 participants, 12th–23rd of February 2019.
1. Support and advise programme staff in the design, delivery and evaluation of training and advocacy activities
2. To cooperate with web developers, video-maker and Advocacy Campaign Manager on the general visibility and promotion of the project
3. To train the participants to create and promote the advocacy campaigns through Non Formal Education Modules during in A2, A3, A4 and A6
4. Contribute to the development of a booklet on Advocacy in the part of campaign creation and management, in relation with the theoretical contents and with the description of the Non Formal Education modules implemented during the project
5. To support each organisation in the development of the advocacy campaign for all countries, which will be done in particular after the 2 Youth Exchanges
All the job will be managed in cooperation with the web developer, the video-maker and the advocacy Campaign Manager that will be met during in A1, A2, A3, A4 and A6 international meetings.
The Advocacy Trainer should:
· Have University degree or equivalent (e.g. significant practical experience) related with human rights or international relations education or other relevant discipline
· Be ready to physically participate in A1, A2, A3, A4 and A6 meetings;
· Have the possibility to participate to at least one conference call before each international meeting;
· Be skilled at communicating in a clear, concise and compelling manner to a wide range of audiences;
· Have good capacities in written and oral communication in particular in the context of advocacy;
· Have experience of developing and delivering policy and advocacy campaigns aiming at influencing policy change;
· Have experience in working with young people;
· Be self-motivated, interested in Advocacy, able to work under pressure and to prioritize effectively;
Have the ability to adapt to new intercultural context, to work in group and to facilitate activities through Non Formal Education methods
Travel costs up to the budget defined by Distance Calculator, food and accommodation for all international meetings will be cover by the project.
Level of Language Proficiency
Have a good level in English and Spanish: at least B1 in speaking and understanding and at least B2 in writing
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply for this position we need you to send us to the email application to firstname.lastname@example.org by the 9th of April with the following documents:
· Motivation letter;
· Link of outcomes of previous activities already implemented related with the job position