Details: Salary will be commensurate with experience.
1001 Connecticut Ave, NW
About Digital Promise
Digital Promise is an independent, bipartisan 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization authorized by Congress to spur innovation in education for all levels of learners. Positioned at the intersection of educators, entrepreneurs, and researchers, Digital Promise identifies, develops, and promotes strategies to improve all levels of education and provide Americans with the knowledge and skills needed to compete in the global economy. Digital Promise is a fast-paced, growing, entrepreneurial organization that values and rewards performance, collaboration, and innovation.
About the Position
United2Read is a five-year 15 million dollar project funded by the US Department of Education through the Education Innovation and Research (EIR) Program. The project - a collaboration between Digital Promise, UC Irvine, Learning Ovations and MDRC - aims to bring effective evidence-driven literacy instructional practices to classrooms across the nation. The Program Manager will work closely with the Chief Research Officer and United2Read leadership team members to ensure overall project goals and objectives are met, and to support all aspects of the project, including grant reporting, communications, school recruitment, program implementation, and research. The Program Manager will also support Digital Promise Research Team members with all aspects of qualitative research involved in the United2Read study. This is an exciting opportunity to manage a large scale evidence based project to improve literacy outcomes for tens of thousands of learners across the country.
- Work closely with the Chief Research Officer and United2Read leadership team members to ensure on time completion of the goals and objectives of the project
- Build strong relationships and communications channels across all program partners (Digital Promise, Learning Ovations, UC Irvine, and MDRC)
- Lead development of a comprehensive communications plan for the United2Read project and work with Learning Ovations team to support development of content for external communication about United2Read (blog posts, newsletters, and conference presentations)
- Work closely with Digital Promise Research team to support all aspects of qualitative research, including:
- Creating efficient processes for data collection, analysis, and reporting;
- Coordinating site visits at selected case study school sites;
- Writing and editing continuous improvement reports
- Working with UC Irvine to implement a novel classroom observation tool
- Coordinate monthly United2Read Leadership meetings and keep relevant partners informed about upcoming deadlines and deliverables, thereby ensuring smooth completion of work responsibilities
- Provide support to United2Read Leadership team in preparing grant reports and ensuring all grant reports are submitted on time
- Work closely with Learning Ovations and Digital Promise staff to supporting school recruitment and community partnerships development
- Work with Digital Promise staff to facilitate Professional Development and Micro-credential support for the United2Read Project
- 5+ years of experience managing complex projects involving multiple partners in education or a related field
- Excellent project management skills and demonstrated ability to collaborate with cross-functional team members to ensure information is shared, projects are completed on time, and goals are reached
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships with external partners
- Excellent written communication skills and experience in writing for a range of audiences
- Understanding of best practices for communication, design, and dissemination of written and multimedia communications outputs
- Knowledge of education research and policy, and experience working directly with U.S. K12 schools
- Experience managing research grants, designing professional development, and / or school recruitment strongly preferred
- Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment and manage competing tasks, deadlines, requirements, and decisions.
- A passion for education, a team mentality, creativity, and a positive “can-do” “yes-and” spirit.
Benefits will be commensurate with experience.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply and submit your resume, cover letter and salary requirements. Applicants are encouraged to submit their materials as soon as possible. Review will be on a rolling basis until the search is successful.
Digital Promise is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.