Are you interested in making a world of difference in cancer care?
Cancer strikes more than 10 million people worldwide each year. As the leading medical society representing doctors who care for people with cancer, the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) is committed to conquering cancer through research, education, and promotion of the highest quality patient care.
Who we are:
ASCO is a stable, forward-thinking membership organization that operates in a results-oriented work environment in which employees’ evaluation emphasizes performance outcomes over presence or time. This is an Alexandria, VA position that offers an excellent benefits package and opportunities to participate in professional development programs. To learn what it’s like to work at ASCO, click here.
Who we are looking for:
We are looking for a highly organized Human Resources Associate to provide general department support for HR programs and services provided to employees.
What you will do:
- Support the recruiting, pre-boarding, and onboarding functions by providing coordination and administrative support and completing tasks to meet established timelines
- Support post-hire functions to include coordination of onboarding networking sessions and ad hoc facilitation of tech support for forums and other events
- Support HR events and training sessions to include room logistics, technical support, preparation and distribution of materials, processing of invoices, and coordination of vendor contract submissions
- Maintain accurate and current attendance records for training sessions
- Create courses and course offerings in HRIS and collect and summarize course evaluations
- Provide HRIS support to include monitoring dedicated mailbox, responding to employee inquiries, entering data efficiently and accurately, verify data, testing new functionalities and processes, and generate basic reports using existing configurations
- Maintain physical and electronic personnel files and records: file paper documents, upload electronic documents to HRIS, complete I-9 employment eligibility verification process, conduct periodic audits, complete requests for standard verification of employment, and transfer of terminated employee files to offsite storage
- Assist in completing annual salary survey reports
- Review and update HR content on the employee intranet and Microsoft Teams sites
- Assist with service recognition certificates and other larger-scale mailings
- Prepare and submit monthly department credit-card statement reconciliations and coding
- Assist with other ad hoc projects
What you will need in order to be successful:
- College degree or equivalent experience
- 1-2 years’ Human Resources experience
- Microsoft Office Suite proficiency
- Familiarity with teleconferencing software, e.g., WebEx, Zoom, Teams Meeting, etc.
Ideal candidates will also contribute:
- Degree or Coursework in Human Resources Management or Business
- Human Resources Information System (HRIS) familiarity
- Attention to customer service
- Ability to prioritize tasks from different functional areas and teams
- High level of professionalism
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Solid organization skills and attention to detail
- Dedication to collaborative teamwork
ASCO is proud to be an equal opportunity employer (EOE)