4003 Camp Letts Road
Join our team at our beautiful residential camp with over 200 acres of clean air, waterfront views and unlimited opportunity to create indelible memories! For 160 years, the YMCA of Metropolitan Washington has been a cornerstone of the community. We are an innovative fast growing association with a powerful mission to impact communities through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. We are searching for a creative leader to be our Executive Director at YMCA Camp Letts.
Nature and scope of the job:
Running our YMCA Camp Letts Residential Camp Facility is like no other job…Anywhere! YMCA Camp Letts is one of the loved residential camps and conference centers on the East coast. YMCA Camp Letts is located on a 219 acre peninsula on an inlet off the Chesapeake Bay.
Our ideal candidate will help design and create a powerful experience for our campers as we move into the future. We are searching for an individual with expansive experience operating all facets of a traditional year round resident camp, which includes youth programming, overnight and summer camps, sailing, water skiing, equestrian center and educational retreat and conference center. We need a forward thinking leader who will assist in the management of all aspects of the business and program operations of the camp, to include: fiscal management, annual support campaign, staff supervision, volunteer development, customer services and program quality.
Key job functions and responsibilities:
The Executive Director shall:
- Manages the delivery of quality programs to camp and conference center participants that will meet the needs of the community and the mission, purpose, and goals of the Y
- Provides leadership to recruit, retain, develop and motivate a diverse, competent and committed staff to create impactful experiences for camp visitors and participants
- Manages camp in a manner that achieves organizational objectives in a fiscally responsible manner
- Maintains good relations with legislative and regulatory decision makers
- Represents the programs and point of view of the organization to agencies organizations and general public
- Understands the unique marketing needs of the camp
- Works with philanthropy to build resource capacity through grants, fundraising, and capital campaign
- Develops and maintains branch facilities that meet current and future requirements for safety and service
- Bachelor's degree in business administration/human services or equivalent experience
- Minimum five (5) years progressively responsible executive operations management experience. YMCA or non-profit experience preferred.
- Demonstrated understanding and support of the YMCA’s mission
- Extensive professional experience in a broad range of operational positions
- Proven management abilities in community and government relations; budget development and financial control; staff management and development; strategic planning and policy making; and volunteer development
- Experience in establishing and using a strong peer network and encouraging staff to network
- Able to work well with a variety of people
- Experience in working with effective volunteer committees
- Flexible and is able to adapt to changes in the organizational environment
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated maturity, good judgment, and excellent human relations skills
- Ability to think conceptually, portrays good analytical skills, and demonstrates assertiveness to manage the scope and diversity of the responsibilities
- Ability to handle multiple demands and priorities and achieve organizational objectives
- Experience working effectively within a matrix, mission oriented, and diverse environment
- Effective public speaking skills
- Ability to drive to association locations
- Early morning, evening and weekend time is required
- Must be able to handle heavy workload and multiple job related pressures
With an operating budget of $50 million, the YMCA of Metropolitan Washington operates 17 facilities in the District of Columbia, Maryland, and northern Virginia, employs over 1,500 employees and impacts the lives of more than 200,000 youth and adults each year. A leader in innovation, the YMCA of Metropolitan Washington has made an impact in advancing health and education initiatives and strengthening the communities we serve. Picture your next career move to the YMCA of Metropolitan Washington, joining one of the largest associations in the country, where the expectations are high and where you can make a real difference in driving results. If your next career move includes leaving a legacy, then consider your future with the YMCA of Metropolitan Washington!
In addition to a highly competitive compensation package of $90,000 to $100,000, including housing, the YMCA of Metropolitan Washington provides progressive employee benefits, including a 10% employer-funded retirement plan with vesting after two years of service; 403(b) savings plan; high quality and affordable healthcare; free YMCA membership for employee, spouse and dependents; generous paid time off package, numerous professional development opportunities, an exciting and collaborative work environment, and the ability to work with creative, talented and diverse individuals!
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply submit your cover letter indicating why you are the best candidate for the position, resume, and salary requirement to: Nicole.email@example.com insert “CampLetts” in the email subject line. Resumes accepted until position is filled. For other YMCA career opportunities visit our website www.ymcadc.org.
The YMCA of Metropolitan Washington is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace.