1 LMU Drive
Under the supervision of the Director of the Center for Service and Action, the Associate Director provides leadership in pursuing the overall mission of the Center, in alignment with the Mission of the University and within the Jesuit and Marymount traditions. In collaboration with campus partners, the Associate Director’s primary focus will be to support and create opportunities for students to become socially responsible citizens committed to building a more just world.
- Collaborate with campus partners such as Campus Ministry, Academic Deans, Ethnic and Intercultural Services, Student Leadership and Development, Student Housing, Athletics, etc. to develop campus wide initiatives that focus on student engagement in the greater Los Angeles community.
- Develop ways to engage Silicon Beach partners in joint community service and community engagement programs.
- Support Director with Center’s Strategic Planning process and annual goal development and monitoring.
- Represent the department on divisional assessment committee and lead the department in assessment and development of the annual report.
- Supervise the Assistant Director of Campus Programs who is responsible for 10 Service Organizations, 2 residential communities focused on community engagement, the post-graduate service program and the Ignatian Service Corps.
- Supervise the Alternative Break Program Coordinator who is responsible for 12 annual Alternative Break programs in the winter, spring and summer breaks.
- Supervise Community Engagement Fellows Program.
- Serve as liaison to the Strauss Foundation and coordinate the annual application process.
- Coordinate the annual Riordan and Arete application process and culminating events.
- Supervise the student leaders of the Empowerment Fund who hold monthly application and grant funding sessions, as well as the processing of financial reimbursements.
- Serve as liaison between the Associate Vice President of Auxiliary Management, donors and student staff in the management of the LMU Food Pantry.
- Supervise student staff assigned to the Associate Director.
- Provides leadership for the Center in the absence of the Director.
- Serves on University, Divisional and/or community committees as appropriate.
- Represent LMU within the non-profit community, professional organizations or associations, and serve on committees and boards as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of the Center.
Loyola Marymount University shares in a rich intellectual heritage fostered by the Jesuit and Marymount educational traditions and founded on social justice and ethical values. Governed by an independent Board of Trustees, LMU cherishes its Catholic identity while at the same time welcoming people from diverse social, religious, and cultural backgrounds. LMU is in Los Angeles, yet near the Pacific Ocean, offering a dynamic cultural environment. We offer a comprehensive benefits package and competitive salary.
Level of Language Proficiency
- Typically a Master’s degree in student development, higher education administration, social work, public administration, non-profit leadership or another related field. Incumbent will be expected to continue upgrading knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to keep abreast of regulation/policy changes.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
You may use the website url provided or go to http://jobs.lmu.edu and search for requisition #0170762