Details: Salary commensurate with experience.
Safe + Sound Somerset is looking for a consultative fundraiser to lead the organization’s 21st Century vision as the next full time Director of Development and Communications. Safe + Sound Somerset is in an arc of tremendous innovation and growth and the right candidate will have the opportunity to be part of a strong leadership team that will propel the organization's ability to end domestic violence "once and for all" .
We seek a self-starter and experienced leader who will bring direction, drive, and creativity to the role and is motivated by the growth of Safe + Sound Somerset’s donor position and community impact. The right candidate will have a passion for and ability to create mutually beneficial relationships, cultivate and secure major gifts and sponsorships, identify and gain private foundation grants, and maximize peer or peer fundraising opportunities. In addition, the position will work closely with the Executive Director and marketing contractor to ensure that the communications strategy of the S+SS reflects the robust and strategic development vision.
- Increase revenue of special events portfolio
- Grow the annual fund program, including direct mail and online peer to peer campaigns.
- Launch a business to business campaign with corporate and small business community
- Establish a major gifts program including identification, cultivation and solicitation of major donors.
- Oversee private and corporate grant seeking including research and proposals.
- Enhance and expand donor cultivation to increase donor retention outcomes.
- Direct capital campaigns and other major fundraising drives as possible.
- Interface with the Friends of the Shelter organization and other community groups to positively impact support and awareness of SSS.
- Direct annual marketing campaigns and initiatives
- Oversee fundraising database and tracking systems.
- Supervise development and outreach staff and volunteers
Qualifications and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree with 5 years experience in professional fundraising; (CFRE Preferred).
Valid driver's license and local travel required.
Background check and drivers abstract required as part of hiring process.
Candidate must embrace the mission of Safe +Sound Somerset; exhibit strong interpersonal and writing skills; highly proficient in motivating and working with all professional levels of staff and volunteers and board members; possess the desire to get out of the office and build external relationships.
Safe + Sound Somerset offers a Nurtured Heart work environment based in staff and client centered policies and practices. We offer a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance, 401(k), paid sick time, PTO/Vacation and holidays. Flexible work arrangements possible.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply submit cover letter with salary requirements, resume and references to email@example.com. by 2/09/18.
No phone calls please.