Details: Exempt, salaried position with competitive benefit package and 403 b plan
404 Euclid Avenue
Accion, based in San Diego and serving the Southern CA geography, is a non-profit Community Development Financial Institution (“CDFI”) organization that creates economic opportunity for start-up and existing entrepreneurs who lack access to traditional credit. The organization’s mission is to increase income and job stability for primarily low-to-moderate income self-employed entrepreneurs by providing loans ranging from $300 to $75,000, as well as business support services. Please visit www.us.accion.org/region/southern-california for more information.
Job Overview: The Chief Credit Officer (“CCO”) position serves on the Accion leadership team and reports to the CEO. The CCO is responsible for effectively growing and managing the organization’s active loan portfolio of ~$7MM in a quality manner. Duties include maintaining bank and community relationships, structuring and managing new lending initiatives, supervision of the lending and servicing teams, as well as managing overall loan portfolio quality through sound underwriting and management of the collections and credit loss mitigation/recovery areas.
• Interface with Board of Directors Credit Committee regarding lending methodology, policy, production and portfolio quality
• Participate as key leadership team member in preparing information and structure for strategic organizational growth plans and goals, including annual budget preparation
• Supervise the lending, portfolio servicing and collections staff (currently a team of 7)
• Manage loan underwriting, approval and disbursement staff/process for mission fulfillment and risk mitigation
• Manage Director of Loan Portfolio Quality and Compliance staff/process, including oversight of:
o Credit Bureau reporting and related items
o Collections negotiations and compliance
o Asset disposition and legal team communications
o Public/Private Sector loan loss reserve programs and compliance
• Manage and administer new loan products and strategic mission-aligned initiatives
• Ensure compliance with State/Federal licenses related to lending function
• Assist CEO/CFO with programmatic goals and loan fund-related reporting
• Participate in Accion community outreach efforts in tandem with Chief Strategy Officer
• Bachelors degree required, Masters desired
• Seasoned lending and credit analysis experience required
• Management/supervision experience required
• Collections experience required
• Excellent oral and written communication skills required
• Financial and quantitative skills required, including computer literacy
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• High level of initiative and motivation
• Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
• Team player and passion for assisting small businesses
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
Considerations: Must have ability to work some irregular hours and must have own transportation.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly is required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee occasionally is required to stand; walk; and reach with hands and arms.
Work is generally performed in an office setting with a moderate noise level. Accion is an equal opportunity employer.
Dynamic team environment with passionate staff who love supporting small business owners in Southern CA. Great environment with flexibilty and professional development opporutnities.
Level of Language Proficiency
Spanish is a plus.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to CEO, Elizabeth Schott.