Details: Competitive compensation, commensurate with experience, with an excellent benefits package.
1 Battery Place
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
The Global Impact Investing Network (GIIN) is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to increasing the scale and effectiveness of impact investing around the world.
Impact investing is one of the most important social innovations of our time, and interest in it is exploding. The GIIN, now nearly ten years old and backed by leading funders such as The Rockefeller Foundation, Ford Foundation, USAID, the UK Department for International Development, Prudential, and J.P. Morgan, has a growing membership network of over 250 members in 36 countries. The GIIN works to mobilize a global network of leading financial institutions and others to dramatically increase the amount of capital being deployed effectively to social and environmental issues around the world. To learn more about the work we do and impact investing, please visit www.thegiin.org
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The GIIN is looking to hire a full-time Associate, Finance and & Operations to support the financial and other operational needs of this fast-paced, growing organization. The ideal candidate will have experience in processing and maintaining all aspects of the accounts receivable/accounts payable (AR/AP) function. Furthermore, this role will work closely with the Finance and Operations Manager and our external accountants to provide timely processing, reconciliation, quality assurance, statics reporting, and various research and analysis projects.
This position will work within the Operations team and will report to the Finance and Operations Manager.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review invoices or other supporting documentation for proper approval, coding, and accuracy
- Maintain vendor files, within Bill.com and Dropbox
- Answer vendor or staff inquiries regarding status of payments
- Monitor proper coding of all invoices and expenses against grant budgets
- Process and reconcile company credit card transactions
- Process employee expense reports
- Be a communication bridge between staff/vendors and accountants
- Receive and record all incoming revenue, including check, cash, wire, and credit card payments, and make bank deposits in a timely manner
- Create membership invoices and record payments within Salesforce
- Work with membership team on collection of membership dues
- Be a communication bridge between the membership & development teams and accountants
- Track grant receivables and maintain customer files within Dropbox
Other Financial Operations
- Assist with the management of grants, ensuring compliance with reporting requirements
- Assist with year-end audit inquiries
- Work closely with external accountants to support a 30-day monthly close
- Provide insight to improving finance processes, working with Finance & Operations Manager to ensure efficient implementation, adoption, and enforcement
- Lead new employee onboarding activities, as they relate to financial operations
- Maintain the GIIN’s Finance and Accounting handbook, with oversight from the Finance & Operations Manager
- Uphold financial controls throughout all financial operations
- Provide excellent support too staff, vendors, and external accountants
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in accounting, finance or other related degree
- At least 3 years of experience processing accounts receivable/accounts payable (AR/AP)
- Working knowledge of GAAP compliance
- Experience with QuickBooks and Salesforce is a plus
- Well-organized, detail-oriented, and analytical
- Willingness to take initiative to solve problems
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments, and juggle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Personable, engaging presence, with diplomacy, tact and good humor
- Aligned in thought and action with GIIN’s values: https://thegiin.org/values-and-guiding-principles, and
- Authorized to work in the United States
LOCATION: This position will be based in New York, NY, and is a full-time role in a flexible culture.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Email cover letter and CV to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. State “Finance and Operations Associate_ First Name Last Name” in the subject line of your email. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basisbasis, so we strongly encourage early applications. Selected candidates will be contacted for interviews.
No phone calls please. Only qualified candidates will be contacted. The GIIN is an Equal Opportunity Employer.