100% FTE salary commensurate with experience
Application Deadline: Friday December 7, 2018
About the US Water Alliance:
Founded in 2008, the US Water Alliance advances policies and programs that build a sustainable water future for all. We are driving a One Water movement—an approach to water stewardship that is innovative, inclusive, and integrated. As a national nonprofit organization, we:
- Educate the nation about the true value of water and the need for investment. The US Water Alliance coordinates the Value of Water Campaign which builds public and political will for investment in sustainable water infrastructure and water resources.
- Accelerate policies and programs that manage water resources to advance a better quality of life for all.We convene diverse interests to identify and advance practical, achievable solutions to our nation’s most pressing water challenges. We do this through national dialogues, knowledge building and peer exchange, the development of forward-looking and inclusive water policies and programs, public education, and coalition building.
- Celebrate what works by showcasing examples of sustainable, innovative, and integrated water resource management solutions. We shine a light on those who engage in groundbreaking work through storytelling, cataloging and disseminating best practices, and spearheading special recognition programs such as the US Water Prize that focus attention on how one water leaders are building stronger communities and a stronger America
The US Water Alliance has offices in Oakland, CA and Washington, DC. For more information, please visit our website at: www.uswateralliance.org
The Program Manager collaborates closely with US Water Alliance members, partners, and staff. This position will have primary responsibility for the following core areas of work for the organization:
- One Water Summit. The Program Manager will manage all aspects of the planning and execution of the US Water Alliance’s signature annual event, the One Water Summit. This is a premier national meeting with over 900 attendees, 38 states, 228 cities, and 51 delegations in attendance. The Program Manager is responsible for the operational success of One Water Summit, ensuring seamless team management, program delivery, and quality control. Responsibilities include implementing the Summit workplan; developing the summit themes, sessions, and run-of-show; outreach to and preparation of our high-profile speakers; engagement with sponsors and partners; setting agendas for and facilitating all internal and external meetings; engaging with regional delegations; and managing consultants and vendors. Please review highlights of the 2018 summit here: http://uswateralliance.org/summit/2018-highlights
- Special projects and strategic initiatives. The Program Manager will work closely with senior staff on managing special initiatives, coordinating and facilitating meetings, developing presentations and articles, and other public-facing materials.
In addition to strong program management and event management skills, our ideal candidate has a background in infrastructure, water, environmental policy, or related fields of interest. The Program Manager will be team-oriented,able to work under tight deadlines, flexible, and dedicated to the mission of the US Water Alliance. This position requires regular travel to represent the US Water Alliance at various meetings and events.
- BA degree required
- Graduate degree preferred
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in related field
- Demonstrated excellence in planning and implementing high-impact events, meetings, summits, conferences, or other significant gatherings
- Calm under pressure, and comfortable with managing the complicated demands of a large live event
- Well-organized, able to work in a fast-paced environment, and juggle multiple projects and deadlines
- Excellent writing, editing, and verbal communications skills
- Demonstrated capacity for critical, independent, and creative thinking
- A team player, appreciation of the value of all kinds of diversity, and strong interpersonal skills
Salary is based upon the candidate’s experience and qualifications in line with the organization’s budget. Excellent benefits including paid vacation, health, vision and dental insurance, and 401(k) retirement plan.
The US Water Alliance is committed to building and maintaining a diverse staff and a welcoming workplace.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send resume and cover letter via email. Please include “Program Manager, One Water” in the subject line of your email