5 Pennsylvania Plaza
Founded in 1972, Covenant House is the largest charity across the hemisphere serving homeless, trafficked and runaway youth. Located in 31 cities across 6 countries (Canada, the United States, Mexico, Guatemala, Honduras and Nicaragua) Covenant House offers a broad range of essential services to help youth move from poverty to opportunity and from homelessness to hope. These services include emergency shelter, transitional and supported housing, food, clothing, legal aid, medical care, educational services (including high school diploma programs and GED certificate programs), job training and placement services, childcare and parenting support programs.
Purpose of Position:
The Development Manager/Major Gifts Officer for Planned Giving is responsible for cultivating and soliciting donors to include Covenant House in their estate plans and stewarding them through the remainder of their lives.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Build a portfolio of over 200 Planned Giving prospects from a pipeline of thousands of Direct Mail donors across the U.S. with a focus on securing in-will commitments as well as other PG products including major gifts.
- Possess exceptional relationship building skills and (through personalized communications and face-to-face visits), advance prospects through all phases of the Moves Management Process.
- Steward and engage individuals and families that have already pledged to include Covenant House in their estate planning.
- Have a strong understanding of Planned Giving products, liaise with colleagues in the Finance Department (as necessary) to ensure that estate documentation is reviewed and processed in a timely manner.
- Have experience in marketing a planned giving program effectively and be able to collaborate with colleagues on Planned Giving marketing.
- Working knowledge of Raiser's Edge NXT and/or similar application.
- A proven track record in non-profit fundraising including history in a similar role of fundraising and development and/or for-profit sales and marketing.
- Bachelor’s Degree with at least three (3) years of fundraising experience.
- Self-starter, able to work independently while understanding the importance of being an effective team player.
- Detailed and in-depth knowledge of all planned giving products and major gifts.
- Comfort in researching and analyzing large groups of data to uncover planned giving prospects.
- Strong interpersonal skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with a strong attention to detail.
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule including weekends, evenings, and night hours as needed.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Driver’s license required.
- Must have a thorough understanding of the mission of Covenant House and the work done by the agency.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including a defined contribution plan (403)b plan with employer match and an annual employer contribution, medical and dental insurance, employee assistance plan, long-term disability plan, flexible spending accounts, up to 4 weeks’ vacation, 4 personal days, 13 sick days and 11 paid holidays during the year.
We are located in the heart of midtown - Penn Station.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply for this position, candidates should e-mail a cover letter and current resume with salary requirements.