2 Rector Street
Make a Lasting Impact
Outreach Support Specialist
New York, NY
Do you believe everyone should have affordable access to knowledge and higher education? Join the ITHAKA team and help make that vision a reality.
ITHAKA is seeking an Outreach Support Specialist to be part of its Outreach and Participation Services team. In this role you will provide support to the regional teams as they manage institutional participation interest within the regions for all products and services and all communities (e.g. higher education, secondary schools, government and non-profits, corporate and for-profit, public libraries). Our organization and this role will provide you with an opportunity few other companies can offer including:
- Work with a dedicated team of individuals, including many librarians who are dedicated to supporting the needs of all participants.
- Enjoy an environment that supports internal growth and opportunities for professional development.
- Be part of a not-for-profit organization that is growing in the market and creating new products to support the ongoing research needs of academic libraries.
We are looking for an energetic and analytical individual who is not afraid of new challenges and is eager to support the activities of the regional teams as they work directly with school librarians to uncover research and content needs. You will work under the direction of the Outreach Operations Manager and be closely aligned with the regional teams as well as other individuals in associated departments, such as Legal, Finance, and Marketing, who are instrumental to our success in supporting participation across the globe. You will join a robust and experienced team with a proven track record in supporting the demands of librarians and teachers in this community
Specific Objectives and Responsibilities
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Facilitating the processing of all license agreements, amendments, and riders;
- Assisting with proposal development and reporting, including consortia/systems/groups in the region;
- Creating and correcting ledgers of financial data for consortia/systems/groups for invoicing;
- Generating quotes across all product lines using Pricing Guides and Books Ordering Tool;
- Conducting a holdings comparison for all product lines using in-house comparison tool (Euler);
- Processing orders across all product lines using Sugar CRM and Books Ordering Tool;
- Creating templates for opportunity uploads for group orders or up-sell campaigns;
- Creating templates for uploads for key contact data in Sugar (contacts, account relationships);
- Assisting with contact research for up-sell campaigns;
- Compiling usage data for up-sell activities;
- Investigating various databases (Docubase, Sugar CRM, JIRA) in order to obtain past and present documentation regarding participants for presales activities;
- Assist in preparation for site visits, presentations, webinars, and other outreach initiatives.
Skills, Experience, and Characteristics
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Strong email, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work well as a team member; a willingness to actively participate in team projects and share ideas.
- Fluent in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to perform with minimal supervision and to prioritize diverse work assignments.
- Ability to perform well under pressure.
- Strong commitment and interest in ITHAKA’s mission and outreach efforts.
Work for us
Come join our team of talented and dedicated people with great ideas who want to make the world a smarter place. Individuals will be rewarded with excellent career development and a fantastic benefits package that includes:
- Choice of two medical plans, one at no cost to the employee
- Employer paid dental, vision, life insurance, and employee assistance programs
- Employer contributed retirement and much, much more
How to apply:
Interested candidates can submit their resume, a detailed cover letter, and salary requirements.
ITHAKA is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
As a not-for-profit organization, we care deeply about our mission. We work with leaders in the global higher education community to advance and preserve knowledge, to improve teaching and learning through the use of digital technologies, and to help broaden access to higher education by reducing the cost while also improving student outcomes. We are passionate about the value of education and are driven to help our universities, colleges, and high schools become better, more affordable, and more effective, and to reach beyond these traditional walls to support learners everywhere.
In two decades, we have launched some of the most transformative and widely used services in higher education: JSTOR, Portico, and Ithaka S+R. In addition, ITHAKA recently entered into a strategic alliance with Artstor and furthers a number of Artstor’s initiatives. Our 300+ employees work closely with our user communities, day in and day out, to build and continuously improve upon these services, and to identify new opportunities to expand access to knowledge and learning. As a successful, growing organization in a demanding and dynamic environment, we challenge ourselves to retain an entrepreneurial spirit that pursues and embraces change.
ITHAKA is headquartered in New York, New York with additional offices in Ann Arbor, Michigan and Princeton, New Jersey and provides legal oversight and services for, Artstor, also located in New York, New York. We also manage a subsidiary, Ithaka International, LLC., to expand our impact globally.
Mission and Funding
We are proud to be a not-for-profit organization, but our status is a reflection of our mission, not our funding model. Our work across these services is highly valued in the global higher education community, and we cover our costs by collecting fees in exchange for the access, preservation, and research and consulting services we provide. That exerts a real discipline on our operations in that we must continually adapt to the needs of our audiences to be worthy of their support. Thousands of higher education and related institutions around the world are ITHAKA’s primary financial supporters; their JSTOR participation fees provide 88% of ITHAKA’s revenue. Our 99% renewal rate for JSTOR generates stable recurring income, alleviating the dependency on fundraising that many not-for-profits experience. Because the organizations share our commitment to our mission, we have the financial resources necessary to maintain a great work environment that encourages innovation and excellence.
Minimum Education Required