Details: Competitive compensation, commensurate with experience, with an excellent benefits package.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION: The Global Impact Investing Network (GIIN) is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to increasing the scale and effectiveness of impact investing around the world. Impact investments are investments made into companies, organizations, and funds with the intention to generate measurable social and environmental impact alongside a financial return. They can be made in both emerging and developed markets, and target a range of returns from below market to market rate, depending upon the investor’s strategies. The GIIN addresses systemic barriers to effective impact investing by building critical infrastructure and developing activities, education, and research that attract more investment capital to address global challenges.
ABOUT THE POSITION: The GIIN is looking to hire a full-time Senior Associate, HR & Operations to support the HR & other operational needs of this fast-paced, growing organization. The ideal candidate will have experience delivering exceptional human resources general support and other operational services, in a mission driven organization. This position works within the Operations team to support GIIN’s talent management strategy to recruit, develop, and retain top talent. The role will report to the Manager of Finance & Operations. Specific responsibilities include:
Recruitment: Support the recruitment process to ensure the acquisition of top caliber applicants and that all levels of staffing needs are met, including:
- Prepare job descriptions, manage job postings, and screen & interview candidates
- Play an active role in the recruitment of summer associates and interns
- Execute all hiring operations tasks including offer letter generation, background checks, and I-9 processing
- Process and file all applications in accordance with hiring requirements
- Assist in analyzing recruitment trends regarding candidate and hiring sources, in order to improve recruitment strategies and outcomes
- Manage the GIIN’s Career Center portal
Employee Relations and Procedures:
- Manages onboarding and offboarding of all staff
- Manage annual performance process, ensuring the timely evaluation of all staff
- Ensures that all approved job actions (new positions, promotions, job upgrades, and job eliminations) are processed and correctly recorded in the HR database and payroll system
- Manage employee timesheet submission process
- Support professional development initiatives, including but not limited to trainings, brown bags, and tea times
- Support in the development of innovated employee experiences that reinforce GIIN values and our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) practices
- Supports the employee discipline and separation process, including involuntary terminations, ensuring effective risk mitigation
Compliance and Regulatory Monitoring:
- Identifies legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting the Human Resources function (e.g., OSHA, EEO, ERISA, Wage & Hour). Monitors exposure of the company and directs the preparation of information requested or required for compliance
- Maintains knowledge of industry trends and employment legislation and ensures organization's compliance
Policy Development and Documentation:
- Maintains and updates, as needed, the Employee Handbook
- Annually reviews and makes recommendations to management for improvement of the organization's policies, procedures and practices on personnel matters
- Supports employee benefits administration, in partnership with our Professional Employer Organization (PEO), track benefits trends, proactively plan for the evolving needs of staff
QUALIFICATIONS/REQUIREMENTS: The Senior Associate must have the ability to manage multiple projects at once, and be organized, collaborative, professional, resourceful, flexible, and highly responsible. The ideal candidate would have a bachelor’s degree, and at least 5 years of human resources experience, with specialization in talent management and experience in a range of HR issues and programs.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated customer support mindset and skill set.
- Demonstrated Human Resources generalist knowledge required, specifically including employment law and benefits.
- Solid understanding of federal, state and city labor laws including FLSA, FMLA, COBRA, EEO, AAP, ADA, ACA, immigration and workplace safety.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a rapidly changing, multi-cultural work environment.
- Ability to manage confidential information is imperative, including influencing others to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Skilled at multi-tasking; able to coordinate, organize, prioritize and execute responsibilities in the face of conflicting priorities and unexpected situations.
- Fluency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint); strong working knowledge of HRIS systems.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Effective verbal and written communications skills a must.
- Strong work ethic.
- High level of discretion.
- Aligned in thought and action with GIIN’s values: https://thegiin.org/values-and-guiding-principles
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Email cover letter and CV to Human Resources at email@example.com. State “HR & Operations Senior Associate_ First Name Last Name” in the subject line of your email. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis so we strongly encourage early applications. Selected candidates will be contacted for interviews.
No phone calls please. Only qualified candidates will be contacted. The GIIN is an Equal Opportunity Employer.