Details: This full-time exempt position offers a competitive annual salary.
67 East Madison Street
The Shriver Center is seeking at full-time Finance & Data Specialist to ensure the timely and accurate entry and management of financial and organizational data. The Finance & Data Specialist helps to build and run reports and provides administrative and program support. Key responsibilities include entering all receivables pledges and payments, coding and posting payments in QuickBooks, reconciling grants and donations data in the donor database with QuickBooks, generating invoices, data cleanup and maintenance and preparing reports from the CIVICRM database, QuickBooks, and the organization’s timekeeping system. The Finance & Data Specialist also helps with maintaining organizational files and financial records.
Organizational Description: The Sargent Shriver National Center on Poverty Law provides national leadership in advancing laws and policies that secure justice to improve the lives and opportunities of people living in poverty. We put race front and center in our work. We recognize that inclusion of diverse voices, perspectives, and experiences is essential to understanding and addressing complex issues in our advocacy and within our organization. To that end, we focus on issues that deeply affect the lives and social mobility of people living in poverty: economic justice, housing justice, health care justice, and community justice. We lead, equip, and mobilize multi-state networks to advance an anti-poverty and racial justice agenda. Through training and leadership development programs designed to foster innovation and collaboration, we strengthen core competencies of advocates across the country.
- Enters credit card payments, EFTs and checks into QuickBooks;
- Creates invoices to record receivables for pledges, sponsorships, grants, fellowships and other receivables as needed;
- Scans pledges, grants and fellowships receivable documentation into web-based document management system;
- Reconciles on a weekly, monthly and yearly basis QuickBooks to CIVICRM in coordination with the Development Associate, corrects any discrepancies and provides donor and events reconciliation reports to the COO for approval each month;
- Reconciles each training event in QuickBooks to CIVICRM in coordination with the ART Program Coordinator, corrects any discrepancies, and provides a reconciliation report to the COO for approval within 30 days of each training event;
- Files cash receipts monthly along with check log and deposit slip and helps maintain orderly financial files; and scans older files into document management system and shreds as appropriate;
- Files copies of paid checks monthly, creating new folders when necessary;
- Once a year, enters annual budgets, including the organizational and departmental budgets, by month into QuickBooks;
- Provides HR Administrator with monthly report from timekeeping system to use to record PTO taken;
- Provides President, COO and VPs with monthly reports on their staffs’ reported time and scans reports into document management system after approvals have been received;
- Prepares financial reports for Senior Foundation Relations Officer as needed for grant reporting and assists COO with grant management as needed;
- Prepares subgrant award letters for grants and gives signed award letters to Financial Controller for payment;
- Helps COO with reconciliation of executive team’s monthly credit cards;
- Assists with annual audit preparations and supports field work as needed, including pulling files for the auditors, generating a list of major donors, and preparing annual reconciliation of direct donor benefit by event, development income by type, and training income by class;
- Works with Technology Systems Manager to clean-up and maintain organizational data in CIVICRM database;
- Works with ART Program Associate to enter ART participant and faculty data into CIVICRM database and helps to set up workflows and reports for the ART team;
- Works with Technology Systems Manager and VP of Advocacy to help develop workflows, organize data, set up reports and help enter advocacy data into CIVICRM database;
- Assists office with file management and adherence to document retention and destruction policies; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor degree in Accounting and/or at least 2 years accounting experience;
- Knowledge of non-profit accounting;
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to focus effort on multiple projects and adjust priorities as necessary;
- Exacting attention to detail;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Microsoft Excel, QuickBooks and constituent relationship management databases;
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrated commitment to social justice and ability to work across lines of differences, especially with racially and economically diverse communities; and
- Demonstrated commitment to the Shriver Center's mission, vision and values.
This position offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send cover letter and resume to Elizabeth Ring Zuckerberg at firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title in the subject line. Please send materials as a single and searchable PDF attachment.