217 South Street
The Arc of Massachusetts is hiring a Policy Officer. This is a part-time position, reporting to the Executive Director. The position requires excellent organizational skills; strong communication and collaboration skills; some experience in government affairs, civic process, and/or a personal connection to disability services; proactive and resourceful at addressing tasks; and social media competency. Bachelor degree with professional background required; graduate degree preferred.
· Coordinate and track budget advocacy with the administration and legislature
· Coordinate and track advocacy with the administration in regard to MassHealth, Department of Developmental Services, other state agencies in programs, practices, regulations and policies.
· As part of the team, help develop or edit print, online, video, and social media. These may include advocacy testimonies and tips, budget fact sheets, webinars, and other advocacy or educational items.
· Frequently post updates related to our advocacy and education work on our website, action center (CQ) and social media
· Assist in strategies to build closer ties to affiliates, human services sponsors, and families of our constituency
· Assist the Executive Director with scheduling meetings with legislators, administrators, affiliates, and other related parties
· Assist in tracking metrics related to Becker Center for Advocacy and The Arc strategic plan
· Under the direction of the Director of Education and Outreach, coordinate progress with the advocacy alliance of the Becker Center on Advocacy
· Assist in educational outreach under the guidance of the Director of Education and Outreach or the Executive Director
· Some experience in government affairs, political process, policymaking and/or family connection to disability
· Demonstrated social media competency
· Excellent organizational skills
· Strong communication and collaboration skills
· Must be proactive and resourceful at completing assigned tasks
· Minimum of Bachelor degree and professional background; graduate degree and professional background strongly preferred
30 hours per week position, with pro-rated benefits package
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Qualified applicants are encouraged to send their résumé, letter of interest, and the contact information for three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please write POLICY OFFICER APPLICATION in the subject line.
Review of applications will begin September 10 and will continue until the position is filled.
No phone calls please. To learn more about The Arc of Massachusetts, visit at www.arcmass.org.