44 Canal Center Plaza
This vacancy announcement will be used to fill multiple Project Assistant positions at the International Association of Chiefs of Police
REQUISITION NUMBER: 1174
JOB TITLE: Project Assistant I
GRADE: Grade (5); Full-time; Non-exempt
SUPERVISOR: Project/Program Manager
LOCATION: Alexandria, VA
This is a critical time for policing and the International Association of Chiefs of Police is at the forefront, working to engage communities and promote best practices. The world is in a period of change and IACP is responding with a myriad of new initiatives and member services that bring together innovation, research, and dedication to the field. The association is looking for people with the passion, energy, and commitment to help us move the field of criminal justice forward. We seek to hire several Project Assistants to support grant-funded initiatives involving various topics related to policing (i.e. violence against women/intimate partner crimes, gender bias, human trafficking and community police engagement and healing in the wake of critical incidents, etc.).
Working with IACP staff, project partners, and stakeholders, the Project Assistant will:
- Organize and track details for project-related meetings, site visits and event (i.e. hotel contract and banquet review, travel arrangements, reimbursements, supply orders)
- Assist in the creation and organization of materials such as agendas, handouts and meeting minutes for project-related meetings and events
- Aid in the organization of planning meetings consisting of staff, partners, consultants, law enforcement members, and community partners
- Manage correspondence with participants, project partners, consultants and funding agency professionals
- Assist consultants, IACP staff, and project partners with contracting, reimbursements, on-site logistics, and travel planning
- Support project outreach and information dissemination including the creation of social media posts
- Draft and design project materials such as information sheets, evaluation forms, worksheets, and activities
- Review and provide input on content for resources, tools, and event support materials
- Compile data from feedback and evaluation results from site visits, technical assistance deliveries and trainings
- Provide on-going follow-up and support to all project activities
- Maintain various event databases to track site visits, technical assistance deliveries and training events
- Support the budget process including assisting with payments and reimbursements
- Maintain communication with project team, including IACP staff and partners
- Update project related websites with current event information and resources
- Assist with other IACP team projects and events as needed
- Other duties as assigned
· Bachelor’s degree in subject-related field preferred.
· Minimum of one (1) year of related experience preferably in a non-profit organization, association, or criminal justice environment
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
Required Core Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Ability to troubleshoot problems
· Effective task prioritization and time management skills
· Superior writing, editing, and verbal communication skills
· Effective collaboration and team work with diverse colleagues, clients and stakeholders
· Experience with, or ability to, plan events and make logistical arrangements for individuals and groups
· Ability to process invoices and other financial requests
· Capacity to track data and create associated reports
- Occasional travel may be required
- This is a grant funded position for which continuation funding will be sought
The IACP is an equal opportunity employer. Federal law prohibits discrimination in employment practices on the basis of race, color, religious affiliation, national origin, sex, age, or disability. No information requested on this application will be used for the purpose of excluding any applicant’s consideration for employment because of his or her race, color, religion, national origin, sex, or disability.
The International Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP) offers a generous benefits package to its core staff to include: Competitive Salary; Paid Annual & Sick Leave; 10 paid holidays per year; Health/Vision/Dental Coverage (premiums mostly paid by IACP); Life Insurance/AD&D, 2x salary (100% of premiums paid by IACP); Short & Long Term Disability Coverage (100% of premiums paid by IACP); Parking/Transportation Subsidy; 403 (B) Retirement Savings Plan; Flexible Spending Account – Medical & Dependent Care; Direct Deposit; Free Gym Access
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
All interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and salary history.
All cover letters must contain the name of the position being applied for as well as the requisition number. Please note that applications received without all the requested information will not be forwarded for review.
All applications must be received by MARCH 9, 2018.
EXTERNAL CANDIDATES: Please apply using the following URL: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=theiacp&jobId=240882&lang=en_US&source=CC3 -OR- apply through our website at www.theiacp.org. EOE M/F