Details: Compensation commensurate with experience.
Movement for Justice in El Barrio (Movement) is a community organization fighting for justice in East Harlem, New York. Movement was founded to fight against a voracious trend towards gentrification that is devouring low-income housing and displacing immigrant & low-income families from their homes.
Through strategies such as protests, litigation, and media outreach, Movement has organized tenants to achieve thousands of repairs and has successfully challenged attempts by aggressive landlords and multi-national corporations to illegally evict them from their homes.
Movement for Justice in El Barrio was named "Best Power to the People Movement in New York City" by the Village Voice.
Movement seeks a motivated part-time Fundraising Associate to successfully raise funds through various fundraising efforts, including events, fundraising requests to supporters, among others to support the work of the organization.
This exciting opportunity is offered to energetic and motivated people committed to and interested in fundraising for social change.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent plus 1-3 years’ experience
- A record of personal success in fundraising required
- Experience in fundraising for social change preferred
- Identify and develop new opportunities for support
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks and projects, prioritize and multi-task
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal skills
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply please send an email at: email@example.com including the following:
-A resume and cover letter including your experience in fundraising and why you would like to fundraise for social change.