Full Time Contract
Details: We offer competitive compensation alongside the opportunity to help solve a pressing global problem.
650 Townsend Street
About the Center for Humane Technology
We are building a new organization to tackle the problem of how technology manipulates and steers human evolutionary instincts. This is a massive, global problem that affects two billion people and counting. We're working to change the way technology platforms exploit the human experience—enabling addictions, undermining social relationships, spreading propaganda, and manipulating children, to name just a few examples.
Our team is small, skilled, mindful and agile, dedicated to creating humane design standards, policy, and business models that align deeply with our humanity. We partner with an extended team and network across industries, and expect to grow our core team quickly this year. We're looking for generalists with start-up experience who are up for the challenge of working towards the greater vision while simultaneously adapting to what's unfolding in the world.
Learn more and meet our team at http://www.humanetech.com.
About the Job
We are looking for an experienced Development Director to lead and coordinate our large-scale fundraising efforts, working closely with our Executive Director and COO. This is a critically important role that includes:
- Developing and executing our annual fundraising plan
- Securing financial support from individuals, foundations and corporations
- Managing software to track our grants and donations
- Cultivating and maintaining ongoing relationships with major donors
- Overseeing organization of special events related to fundraising
- Developing and tracking proposals and reports for all foundation and corporate fundraising
Strong candidates will have outstanding people skills: strong empathy, exemplary ethics, clear oral and written communication skills. They must have the discipline to fundraise for projects that match our strategic priorities, with a thoughtful, measured persistence when communicating with busy funders.
Prior experience fundraising for major initiatives or organizations and direct connections to major foundations and individual donors who work in the space are a plus.
- LOCATION: San Francisco Bay Area, with some travel to meet key donors. Working at home is possible part of the time.
- EMPLOYMENT TERMS: This is an employee position with an immediate start date. We are also accepting short-term contractors. (Please specify your preference in the application.)
- COMPENSATION: We offer competitive compensation alongside the opportunity to help solve a pressing global problem.
- APPLICATION DEADLINE: We are reviewing applications on a rolling basis.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please use only the form to apply. Due to the huge volume of emails we receive, we are not able to follow up individually about job applications.Thank you!