Details: Commensurate with experience
The Community Service Society (CSS) is an independent, not-for-profit organization that has been at the forefront of public policy innovations that support low-income New Yorkers for more than 170 years. CSS runs a statewide Navigator Network which helps consumers find and enroll in health coverage under the Affordable Care Act (ACA). It also runs Community Health Advocates (CHA), a statewide health consumer assistance program offering health insurance consumer assistance through a toll-free central hotline and a network of specialist agencies and community based organizations (CBOs) which can help consumers and small businesses in the communities where they live and work. These services are free for New York health care consumers and small businesses.
CSS is hiring a Health Insurance Enroller to join the CSS Facilitated Enrollment for Aged, Blind and Disabled program. The CSS FE-ABD program works with eight community based organizations serving nearly 40 counties in upstate New York. The Health Insurance Enrollers will conduct telephone outreach to New Yorkers who are enrolled in Medicaid, but are potentially eligible for Medicare and the Medicare Savings Program. They will advise them about these programs and help them enroll into them if they wish to do so. Responsibilities include:
- Conduct telephone and written outreach to Medicaid beneficiaries;
- Help Medicaid beneficiaries enroll in Medicare and the Medicare Savings Program;
- Make referrals for in person enrollment assistance to partner agencies as appropriate;
- Provide technical support and assistance to partner agencies;
- Develop educational and training materials;
- Maintain thorough case records of services provided, advice and/or referrals offered
- Other responsibilities identified by Supervisor.
- Competency in Spanish preferred
- College or graduate degree in public health, social work, public administration preferred
- Experience providing assistance to consumers and/or advocates on health insurance and health care access issues strongly preferred
- Excellent telephone, counseling and communication skills required
- Ability to write clearly, concisely and keep detailed notes of all communications
- Research and data base management skills preferred
- Microsoft Office proficient
- Salesforce experience a plus
Cover letter and resume required for consideration. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required