2701 First Ave, Suite 240
The Mountains to Sound Greenway Trust’s Program Associate supports a wide range of organizational programs and strategic initiatives. Project work includes providing key support to land conservation and regional trail advocacy efforts, managing the organization’s GIS data and map-making, supporting policy initiatives, fostering partnerships, supporting communications and serving as an integral member of a small staff team to carry out priority projects across the Greenway.
The right candidate is a team player who demonstrates strong organizational skills and is accurate and efficient in their work. This candidate will demonstrate flexibility and adaptability while working with staff colleagues and external partners by building positive, collaborative, ongoing relationships. The candidate will be very dependable, with the ability to work on multiple tasks and meet tight deadlines. We’re looking for a candidate who has a passion for learning and growing in the organization. This position is an excellent entry into the non-profit conservation community with future leadership potential on special projects.
• Geographic Information Systems (GIS) management and map production: Maintain GIS database, create maps for various programs and projects and manage other infographics tools (i.e. Tableau, PowerPoint, etc.) as needed.
• Policy & advocacy support and tracking: Monitor and assist advocacy efforts for ongoing conservation and recreation initiatives and funding opportunities, research and report on federal, state and local policy changes, and ensure communications with elected officials.
• National Heritage Area: Support campaign to designate the Mountains to Sound Greenway as a National Heritage Area
• Events: Support Greenway Trust major events including the Annual Dinner, National Public Lands Day, fundraising breakfast, signature tree planting and large volunteer events, etc.
• Special Projects: Projects to be assigned based on organizational need and employee interest include: coordinating equity, diversity and inclusion efforts, participating in organization communications (writing, social media, photography, web site content), organizing transit to trails program collaborations, participating in ecological restoration and/or trail construction volunteer events, etc.
• Contribute as a team member to update databases and accurately track organizational information across program areas.
• Other tasks as assigned.
CORE COMPETENCIES & MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
• Passion and motivation for the Greenway mission
• Appreciation for and demonstration of Greenway values: positive, can-do attitude; pragmatic, adaptive and flexible working style; inclusive; collaborative, team player; trusted; impactful, creative problem solver
• Strong written and verbal communications skills
• Strong organizational skills and personal initiative, with excellent ability to prioritize and multi-task
• Ability to work at the community level with a wide range of individuals in a variety of settings
• Experience managing and tracking multiple projects
• Demonstrated experience with ArcGIS and cartography
• Excellent computer skills as well as experience with data management and reporting
• Experience working directly with people from diverse racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds and incorporating perspectives of multiple communities and organizations
• Bachelor’s degree
• Experience writing pieces for publication; public speaking experience a plus
• Reliable transportation, valid driver’s license, and insurable driving record
Full-time, non-exempt position, typically Monday-Friday. Will include some evening and weekend events.
The primary work location is at the Greenway Trust office in downtown Seattle, with some regular travel to sites throughout the Greenway for meetings, presentations, and outdoor events.
Medical, vacation, transit, and retirement benefits included.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Email cover letter that describes why you are the ideal candidate to join our team, resume, references, and any materials you wish to share that are related to your experience to: firstname.lastname@example.org. A criminal history background check will be completed for the selected candidate.
The Greenway Trust is committed to hiring a skilled, dedicated, and diverse work force. We seek candidates who can bring new perspectives to a collaborative and creative staff team.