275 Seventh Ave.
As a member of the Communications team, the Senior Media Relations Coordinator is responsible for media outreach related to CancerCare. The Senior Media Relations Coordinator also oversees CancerCare’s client relations and engagement.
- Serves as a primary contact with various media to deliver messages and content that supports the organization’s media objectives
- Media relations, including the drafting and dissemination of press releases, media alerts, pitch letters, media lists and reports
- Coordinates client relations, interviews and stories for use in CancerCare communications
- Reviews and edits materials produced by other departments, including promotional materials for events such as brochures and e-blasts, quarterly “Community News” newsletter and print and electronic appeals
- Assist with the development and implementation of marketing strategies for the organization
- Help maintain a favorable public image for the organization
- Support relationships with non-profits, companies and alliances to increase brand awareness
Requirements, Education and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree with 3 – 5 years public relations experience, health care communications background preferred
- Superb written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with local, regional and national media and a proven track record of placements
- Highly organized, detailed and team-oriented
- Must be able to multi-task while meeting deadlines
- Familiarity with media databases, such as Cision is required
- Strong computer skills
Excellent benefits and vacation.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit resume and cover letter to: Sarah Quinlan at firstname.lastname@example.org, CancerCare, Attn: Sarah Quinlan, CancerCare, 275 Seventh Avenue, 22nd Floor, New York, NY 10001. CancerCare is an equal opportunity employer.