The Senior Manager of Market Strategy and Business Development will lead the development and implementation of Elevate Energy’s programs, projects, and services across markets outside of Illinois—Indiana, Michigan, Missouri, and Ohio—and future new markets. The Senior Manager of Market Strategy and Business Development will effectively support local Market Development Leads to grow Elevate Energy’s business in expansion markets, including developing a market-specific business strategy; securing grants, utility contracts, consulting contracts with local affordable housing providers, and public entities (states and local government); and developing our local presence and pipeline for programs and services. The Senior Manager of Market Strategy and Business Development will coordinate closely with the Director of New Market Initiatives and the Manager of Market Operations to ensure programs, projects, and services are implemented with a high level of quality and customer service across all markets.
The Senior Manager of Market Strategy and Business Development will report directly to the Director of New Market Initiatives and will have several direct reports located remotely.
Management & Operations
- Manage a remote team of Market Development Leads responsible for business development in new markets and hire additional business development, project management, and technical field staff as needed
- Collaborate with Market Development Leads to develop and implement business strategies to grow Elevate Energy’s business lines in each new market
- Establish and support Market Development Leads in managing market-specific revenue models and financial budgets
- Coordinate communication with the Manager of Market Operations and staff across markets
- Develop and lead new business opportunities and cultivate engagements with owners, housing organizations, utilities, lenders, state agencies, foundations, and other potential entities that may fund or contract Elevate Energy in close collaboration with the Director of New Market Initiatives and the Senior Manager of Consulting Services
- Represent Elevate Energy with local, state, and national energy efficiency stakeholders at meetings, conferences, and more
- Collaborate with Elevate Energy’s partner organization, New Ecology, Inc., and with members of the Relay Network, a network of mission-based energy efficiency service providers launched by Elevate Energy in 2015
- Communicate regular project/program updates and results to internal staff and external stakeholders
- Perform other duties as required in assistance to and in cooperation with other Elevate Energy staff
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree desirable
- At least seven years of experience in business development, strategy, and/or management required
- At least five years of experience in green building, energy efficiency, building science, or related field required
- Registered Architect (RA), CEM, PE, and/or LEED accreditation and experience certifying projects a plus
- Experience in affordable multifamily housing a plus
- Experience conducting energy audits and building inspections a plus
- Strong project management skills and demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and client engagements
- Process and detail-oriented
- Excellent writing and public speaking skills required
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines with a high degree of accuracy
- Excellent organization skills
- Willingness to travel periodically to Indiana, Michigan, Missouri, Ohio, and elsewhere as required
- Valid Driver’s License
This is an Exempt position.
We design and implement programs that reduce costs, protect people and the environment, and ensure the benefits of clean and efficient energy use reach those who need them most.
Elevate Energy is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or marital status. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, termination, promotion, transfer, layoff, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Minimum Education Required