A. Summary Statement
Under the direction of the Director of Supportive Services, the Case Manager will work to serve clients in the community and our Trinity Arms Transitional Housing Program. The CM will conduct outreach and domestic violence education in the community, client intakes, follow-up, case planning, oversight of Trinity housing and its residents, and responsibility for filling vacancies.
B. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Interview clients to determine nature and degree of services needed and help her to
develop realistic goals based upon the client’s length of stay as well as on-going
services that may be provided in the community.
2. Work with domestic violence clients to develop short range goals and release/discharge
plans while incarcerated or in the community. In conjunction with clients’ goals, the Case
Manager will help women identify safe housing (in Trinity Arms or otherwise) and
coordinate the client’s connection/reconnection with community-based mental health and
drug treatment programs when appropriate.
3. Make referrals to appropriate CFLS internal programming and community providers.
Coordinate any intake processes including but not limited to helping the women
complete application forms; work with DOC and CTF to obtain other needed
4. Work with CFLS Legal Department to address client legal needs; Parenting program to
ensure clients have access to parenting curriculum; and employment program to ensure
clients have job search assistance.
5. Ensure needs of Trinity Arms housing clients are met. Includes:
- Assess new applicants for fitness in housing program.
- Conduct apartment inspections to ensure quality, cleanliness, and compliance.
- Collaborate with maintenance staff and program manager to respond to tenant requests
in a timely manner; therapist to ensure clients have access to talk therapy.
- Hold regular one-on-one sessions with tenants to ensure program adherence and assist
in attaining the short and long-term goals laid out in their case plan.
- Attend house meetings, respond to client requests, and follow up accordingly when
program stipulations are not being met.
- Mediate on behalf of residential clients when appropriate.
- Provide appropriate follow-up and documentation of emergency incidents or non-
compliance of rules. Take appropriate action under guidance of program manager or
- Participate in staff meetings, case conferences and other meetings as needed.
6. Work with Junior League volunteers to deliver monthly parent support groups on
7. Conduct weekly group sessions or record videos on Domestic Violence in CTF. Work
with attendees to conduct one-on-one intakes and needs assessments.
8. Conduct community outreach to establish partnerships for incoming and outgoing
referrals as well as educate potential clients about our services. Maintain partnerships
with domestic violence providers who can refer tenants to Trinity housing. Establish
connections through outreach to fill vacancies in Trinity housing.
9. Conduct group sessions on Domestic Violence with community partners as part of
outreach and prevention education.
10. Training Requirements: Thirty (30) hours of domestic violence advocate and ten (10)
hours of shelter staff training required. Previous equivalent experience can be
substituted. CPR training and certification is required. Needed training will be provided
on the job. Twenty (20) hours of continuing education is required annually and will be
paid for by employer and offered by employer or other appropriate organizations.
11. Maintain accurate and confidential records of clients and services provided in Apricot
database. Track referrals and input case notes in a timely manner. Conduct follow-up to
track and record recidivism and other outcomes after referrals are made.
12. Enter data for any reentry women in Trinity into ETO database.
13. Provide reports and regular updates to director when requested.
14. Other duties as assigned.
A. Summary Statement
Under the direction of the Director of Supportive Services, the Case Manager will work to serve clients in the community and our Trinity Arms Transitional Housing Program. The CM will conduct outreach and domestic…