About College Track
College Track is a comprehensive college completion program that empowers students from underserved communities to graduate from college. From ninth grade through college graduation, our 10-year program removes the academic, financial, and social emotional barriers that prevent low-income and first-generation students from earning a college degree. In 1997, we started with 25 students in East Palo Alto, and today, we have nine centers located in underserved communities across California, Colorado, and Louisiana, with more than 3,000 students on the path to upward social mobility.
College Track students graduate from college at a rate that is more than double the national average for low-income and first-generation students. Five years out of college, our graduates are employed full-time, and over 85 percent report earnings greater than their parents. By helping our students maximize the value of their four-year college degree--minimize student loan debt, secure internships, and limit the need to work while in college--we prepare them to succeed in the 21st century economy.
If interested, please apply via our website at https://collegetrack.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?site=1&id=256
We get up every morning dedicated to creating a more just and equitable world, where a college degree is the expectation and not the exception for all students. Our alumni are tomorrow’s leaders, mentors, and innovators, who return to their communities as role models and reaffirm that the American Dream is possible.
At College Track, our values drive the way we do our work, and we look for individuals who share our passion. We blend an entrepreneurial spirit with our nonprofit roots, cultivating a dynamic culture where everyone's contributions are valued and encouraged.
- COMMITMENT: We have an unwavering belief in our students.
- PASSION: We are dedicated to changing our nation’s college completion story.
- JOY: We create environments rich with smiles and laughter.
- AUTHENTICITY: We believe relationships matter.
- EXCELLENCE: Our students deserve nothing but the best.
Reporting to the Vice President of Development, the Development Manager will play a central role in supporting College Track’s principal and major gift programs and executing the organization’s donor stewardship strategy. The Development Manager will work closely with the Vice President of Development to build tools to cultivate and solicit new principal and major gift donors and oversee the organization of donor information in our database. Additionally, the Development Manager will own our gift processing and donor recognition process, working with the Vice President of Development, The Chief Development and Marketing Officer, CEO, and Development Operations Manager and regional development teams to ensure donors are recognized for their support and inspired to continue their partnership with College Track.
Primary Responsibilities Include
- Support the Chief Development & Marketing Officer’s (CDMO) implementation of College Track’s principal and major gift strategy.
- Lead the execution of the organization’s gift processing system, ensuring donors receive accurate and meaningful recognition of their support.
- Work with regional operation managers to ensure an effective flow of information regarding regional donations and gift processing.
- Manage donor information for individuals in the principal and major gift pipeline, ensuring the organization keeps accurate and up-to-date records of our donor cultivation and stewardship.
- Support with donor communication, including arranging donor meetings and site visits, and creating briefing documents for the CDMO and CEO in advance of donor meetings.
- Support the creation and implementation of personalized donor engagement plans for individuals in the principal and major gift strategy.
- Support the execution of College Track’s annual benefit.
- Support with special projects as assigned by the Vice President of Development.
Skills & Experience Required
- Minimum of 2 to 3 years of fundraising experience in an educational nonprofit, school, or other entrepreneurial, high-performing organization.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Excellent relationship-building and interpersonal skills, which enable rapport-building with internal and external stakeholders.
- Agility and the capability to think strategically while executing tactically within in a lean and resource-constrained environment.
- Excellent project management skills that enable the execution of complex, multi-stakeholder projects.
- Demonstrated experience with sophisticated database management and/or significant Salesforce skills - leveraging Salesforce as a primary tool in managing communication and driving strategic and tacticalplanning.
- Ability to analyze data in order to identify important trends that will inform strategic decisions.
- Superior organizational skills with strong attention to detail.
- A constant learner who is interested in being a proactive, positive member of the team.
Compensation & Benefits
College Track offers a competitive salary based on the organization’s compensation philosophy, which is grounded in market data. We also offer comprehensive health & welfare benefits and top of the market paid time off.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please upload a resume and cover letter with your application. We will only contact candidates chosen for further consideration. No phone inquiries please.
College Track is an equal opportunity employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce. College Track does not discriminate on the basis of race, age, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression.