Operations Manager - help Ignited inspire millions of students in STEM education
- Job posted by Ignited
Ignited’s vision is to foster a community of educators, scientists, engineers, and business leaders who share a commitment to ensuring that all members of our society are equipped to benefit from and contribute to the innovations in science and technology that shape our nation.
Ignited’s flagship Summer Fellowship Program, now in its 35th year, immerses teachers in hands-on internships in host companies and universities and provides support in translating those experiences into exciting and relevant classroom instruction. Ignited Teacher Fellows, in turn, inspire millions of students to actively participate in the entrepreneurial ecosystem of the San Francisco Bay Area and beyond.
Top Reasons to Join the Ignited Team:
- Thrive in a culture of passionate, dedicated and fun professionals;
- Help shape the future of an incredibly powerful program impacting educators, students and the broader community;
- Join a small, dynamic team that allows for professional growth, with each member able to make a considerable and lasting impact;
- Leave work each day knowing that you’ve contributed to building a stronger STEM literate community.
Ignited is currently strengthening its footprint in the Bay Area with an eye towards expansion into other regions across the country. The Operations Manager position works with Ignited sponsors and teachers, nurturing these relationships with the ultimate goal of increasing the number of fellowship and externship placements available for teachers. The person who fills this role will work closely with the Ignited team and is responsible for maintaining a high level of customer service for current and potential sponsors. Responsibilities include identifying and researching potential sponsors, evaluating Ignited’s programs, HR oversight, maintaining and strengthening relationships with existing sponsors, providing a variety of support services to facilitate the placement of Ignited Teachers, assisting with marketing and social media, data analysis and report writing.
Because of you Ignited will work more closely with hundreds of educators and corporate mentors through its programs and will impact millions more students!
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Participation in Fellowship sponsor recruitment tasks including the following: update materials, monitor and recommend changes in the sponsor recruitment and job match process and use of Ignited’s website to cultivate and acknowledge sponsors, and compile mentor satisfaction data;
- Communication with current and lapsed sponsors to identify mentors, set up sponsor accounts on Ignited’s website, obtain and post project descriptions from mentors; your support of and great service to sponsors will improve renewal rates and drive more fellows per partner in subsequent years;
- Successful matching of project descriptions to appropriate teacher applicants and facilitating the interview process supporting the growth of Summer Fellows from 60 to 100 in 2019;
- Creating sponsor agreements and confirming invoice/payment and sponsor agreement arrangements; arrange background checks and drug screens (if required);
- Assist with the planning and implementation of Mentor and Teacher Orientation sessions, as well as the Spark the Future Celebration;
- Attend sponsor events as needed and marketing Ignited events to sponsors and potential sponsors;
- Assisting with the planning and implementation of the teacher recruitment process which includes the following: update materials, research and implement recruitment opportunities, assist teacher applicants through the application process;
- Manage Ignited’s social media presence and listserv, which includes researching resources and events that would be of interest to Bay Area Educators and compiling these into a weekly electronic newsletter;
- Take a lead role in producing annual reports, program and agency brochures, text related to marketing and fundraising on the website;
- Act as liaison to insurance companies and/or brokers to maintain our insurance policies (General Liability, Director & Officers, Travel, Worker’s Compensation): handle renewals, Certificates/Additional Insured and subrogation requests, and meeting other insurers’ requirements such as notification of special events;
- Contracts Management: Prepare, review, and negotiate terms to mutual satisfaction, process and finalize all contracts – including Fellowship Host Agreements, Partner Agreements, Fellow and Program Participant Agreements, Grant Agreements, supplier/service provider agreements.
- Oversee human resources work for staff & teacher fellows including: Benefits, Training, Safety/Workers Comp, Government filings, Legal compliance, Employee Handbook, Hire/Onboarding Processes, Employee Relations.
The successful candidate will be a motivated, results-driven self-starter, who can see and advance the “big picture” while still being detail oriented. S/he has excellent organizational skills and enjoys working in a fast-paced, high energy, collaborative environment toward the goal of powerfully impacting the STEM education system.
The position requires:
- Minimum of two years experience in customer service, sales, marketing or public relations;
- Proven track record of developing and maintaining positive and professional relationships with customers or constituents;
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills;
- Entrepreneurial, creative, energetic, diplomatic self-starter;
- Strong organizational skills, keen attention to detail and ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously;
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively, work independently and accomplish goals;
- Proficiency with Salesforce, MS Office software (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and email programs.
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA preferred;
Position Term, Hours, Location and Salary:
The Operations Manager reports directly to the CEO. The position is a full-time, exempt position based at the Ignited office within Agilent Technologies in Santa Clara, California. This position is subject to the policies and procedures listed in the Ignited Employee Handbook. Salary range is $60,000 - $70,000, based on qualifications and potential contributions to Ignited. Generous benefit including medical, dental, vision, life and long-term disability insurance, PTO and the option to participate in our 401(k) plan. Ignited is an equal opportunity employer.
Please send resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Minimum Education Required