Details: Compensation: The position is full-time; compensation includes salary and full benefits package.
- Do you have a track record of intellectual rigor and academic achievement?
- Are you curious about how organizations and, particularly, a philanthropic foundation, operate at all levels?
- Are you keen to learn about the realities of leadership and from a wide range of leaders?
- Are you able to withhold judgment, and remain humble and discrete at all times?
- Are you meticulous, and able to juggle multiple tasks and assignments with grace and speed?
If you answered YES to all of the above, we invite you to apply to the Robertson Foundation for a full-time position on our team.
The Robertson Foundation: The Robertson Foundation is a private, family-led foundation established in 1996 by Julian Robertson and his wife Josie. By taking a targeted yet creative approach to philanthropy, Mr. Robertson, the Chairman of Tiger Management LLC., and his family seek to have a positive social impact and create a legacy that reflects the family’s values. At present, the Robertson Foundation is predominantly focused on grantmaking in medical sciences, environment and climate, and public education improvement. In its grantmaking, the Robertson Foundation seeks to optimize the potential impact of its grants.
The Position: The Special Assistant to Senior Leadership will provide dynamic and varied administrative and research support to the Foundation’s President and Senior team. This position is an ideal opportunity for an individual seeking philanthropic exposure, who is intensely organized, productive, and keen to learn.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Administrative support: Assist with calendar management, travel arrangements, and meeting coordination; identify systems and processes for creating efficiencies; proof materials, as requested; attend grantee meetings, as determined.
- Research support: Effectively support Foundation leadership by conducting, reviewing and synthesizing research, as determined; actively contribute to the Foundation in building knowledge through discrete research and landscaping projects.
Background and characteristics of strong candidates:
- B.A. minimum; post-graduate experience a plus
- Strong interest in the Foundation’s funding areas and grant-making approach
- Excellent written, oral communication and research skills
- Accurate and meticulous attention to detail in all matters
- Strict discretion
- A sense of humor
Compensation: The position is full-time; compensation includes salary and full benefits package.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
If interested, please email or send a cover letter and resume to Ruth Brenner at email@example.com or 101 Park Avenue, New York, NY 10178.
Please submit all electronic materials in PDF format.
Robertson Foundation values diversity and is committed to the recruitment and retention of individuals of diverse backgrounds, sex, race, religion, age, disability, gender preference and sexual orientation.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.