126 High Street
Passion. Purpose. Impact. CJP is at the heart of Greater Boston's Jewish community, but our reach is felt around the world. We bring together the resources, volunteers, leadership, and expertise to care for people in need, advocate for Israel, and ensure a vibrant Jewish future. Together, we're helping struggling families find financial stability, making Jewish learning relevant and inclusive, connecting the next generation to Jewish life, and so much more. Our greatest resource is our people — the staff, volunteers, partners and leaders who help make Greater Boston’s Jewish community a welcoming home. It’s this energy and commitment that drive CJP’s mission. We are one of Boston's oldest and most respected philanthropic organizations and we are currently seeking a Copywriter/Proofreader.
The Copywriter/Proofreader within the Marketing Department proofs, drafts, and edits copy for a wide range of projects including event promotion materials, brochures, direct mail, signage, email communications, event remarks, online banners, social media, video, and web content. This role has primary responsibility for proofreading all materials produced by the Marketing Department and provides support for senior copywriters as needed.
· Writes, edits, proofreads, and copyedits a variety of documents and communications.
· Develops concepts as part of a collaborative team and pitches/presents work to clients.
· Provides copywriting support to senior copywriters for both print and online projects on an as-needed basis.
· Develops and maintains CJP’s style guide, including editorial standards and policies.
· Reviews, edits, and re-writes a variety of documents, evaluating for clarity, accuracy, and consistency.
· Ensures that all documents meet CJP’s required and accepted format and content standards.
· Assists other departments with writing, proofreading, copyediting, and re-writing as time allows.
· Effectively manages feedback and edits in timely fashion, sometimes within tight timelines.
· Manages multiple projects and deadlines with attention to detail.
· Uses good judgment, asks questions when necessary.
· Engages in activities that boost morale and create a culture of positivity while providing leadership and inspiration to the larger group.
· Other duties as assigned with or without accommodation.
· Bachelor’s degree in English or Journalism
· 1-4 years of writing/proofreading experience
· Experience working in a marketing department and/or ad agency preferred
· Ability to work efficiently with online project management and proofreading dashboards
· Ability to work independently and on a team
· Ability to multitask, meet deadlines and work collaboratively in a fast-paced environment
· Must be meticulously detail-oriented and highly organized
· Must be open-minded and adaptable to changes and shifting priorities
· Must have a proactive mindset with high level of drive, persistence, and initiative
· Must have a good sense of humor and strong communication skills
· Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Adobe Acrobat required
· Marketing/advertising experience a plus
· Understanding of Jewish community and Federation organizations also a plus
CJP offers that rare opportunity to tap your skills, talents, and experience to benefit a greater good while you grow professionally. You will work in a dynamic environment, with a diverse group of individuals who share your commitment and enthusiasm. Together, you will make a difference for Jews and non-Jews in Greater Boston and worldwide. We offer competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits and a collegial, family-friendly work and team environment.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
For more information about CJP, go to www.cjp.org.
Please use this link to apply: https://www.appone.com/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=1993776
CJP conducts background checks as part of the hiring process.
CJP is an equal opportunity employer. People with disabilities, women, veterans, people of color, and LGBTQ people are encouraged to apply. Upon request, reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to individuals with disabilities.