480 Pleasant Street
Demand for Education Resource Strategies (ERS) consulting among large urban districts is growing rapidly. Therefore, we seek highly-qualified recent college graduates who are rigorous analytic thinkers, possess strong quantitative skills, work effectively as team members, and are eager to learn new content, processes, and tools. The ideal candidate has a track record of success and a passion for education reform.
The ideal ERS Analyst has strong and proven analytical skills (including proficiency in or the desire to master tools such as Excel and SQL), enjoys interpreting data, thinks strategically, and has excellent organizational skills. While all client engagements are unique, most require intensive data collection, analysis, and close work with our district partners to develop high-impact solutions and identify implications and next steps.
The Analyst will work closely with the Manager, Principal Associate, and Associates on the consulting project team. The Analyst’s role will include:
- Actively participating on ERS project teams
- Executing and communicating well-defined analyses
- Drawing implications and conclusions from analyses
- Supporting development of client presentations and briefs
- Participating in client meetings and interviews
ERS takes an inclusive and collaborative approach to project teams, which ensures that Analysts receive ample training and support as well as have the opportunity to participate in meetings with district leaders. All ERS team members are expected to participate in our knowledge management process by conducting research, writing articles for publication, delving deeply into a content area, and supporting the development of decision-making tools. ERS has a strong professional learning community. As such, we value teamwork, initiative, and a desire to learn and grow. Some travel is required, usually averaging less than one overnight trip per month.
- Bachelor’s degree required with an emphasis on quantitative coursework
- Graduating seniors and candidates with up to one year of professional experience are encouraged to apply
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite: Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word required. Microsoft Access, Excel and SQL preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to synthesize complex material and effectively communicate ERS’ mission and impact to our target audience
- Ability to work independently, cooperatively, and proactively as part of a growing, mission-driven team
- Superior organizational skills, interpersonal skills, flexibility, and the ability to prioritize and handle multiple deadline-driven tasks effectively and efficiently
- A strong sense of responsibility for helping produce an excellent product for our partner districts
- Commitment to ERS Values: Impact, Teamwork, Candor, Learning, Work-Life Balance, and Service
- Demonstrated passion for and commitment to ERS’ mission exemplified through work experience, leadership opportunities, or community involvement.
Through this application link please submit transcripts in addition to a resume and thoughtful cover letter.
ERS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, ancestry, pregnancy, or military service.
We value diverse teams and the unique talents each member brings. In that light, we encourage candidates that have life experiences similar to those of the children, teachers, and leaders in the districts we serve to apply. The value we place on diverse teams is mirrored by our commitments to foster and sustain an inclusive culture. We regularly evaluate our organization's processes and policies through the lens of equity and inclusion, and we provide opportunities for individual and organizational learning about equity, inclusion, and diversity.
We view these commitments as essential to our work with each other and our district partners, as we seek to drive equity and excellence for all students through school system transformation.
Comprehensive benefits package including insurance and retirement
Minimum Education Required