Full Time Contract
Details: Compensation based on experience
150 N San Pedro Rd
Position: History Teachers (2)
Reports to: Head of School
Position Status: 80% - 100% of full time, Faculty, Exempt
The Marin School, an independent college-preparatory high school in San Rafael, California, seeks an experienced candidate to work collaboratively in its Humanities Department to teach Geography, US History, Government/Economics (introductory, standard, and advanced class levels). Introductory classes are modified classes for students who have mild to moderate learning differences. TMS faculty are also expected to participate in aspects of student life at TMS such as advising clubs, Outside the Walls and student organizations. The ideal candidate should be committed to issues of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
● Holds at least an undergraduate degree in History or American Studies, or a related field (graduate degree and teaching credential preferred)
● Has experience teaching high school history courses, preferably at an independent school.
● Understands and enjoys working with students who have diverse learning needs.
● Has an engaging, strategies-based teaching style and is competent with assistive technology.
● Values collaboration and innovation in teaching practices and enjoys being part of a team.
● Demonstrates skills in communication and interpersonal relations within and across multiple constituencies.
● Believes in restorative justice.
● Finds joy in working with students, is kind, and possesses a healthy sense of humor.
● Has successful teaching experience with students who have mild to moderate learning differences.
The position will being on August 17, 2018
Medical, Dental, 403(b), Life and Long-Term Disability
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send cover letter, resume, and contact information for four references to email@example.com. EEO. No phone calls please.