Details: Commensurate with experience
235 Montgomery Street
WHO WE ARE:
EARN is a national non-profit helping working families achieve prosperity through savings. As the nation's leading microsavings provider, EARN designs and launches financial technology tools that create financial stability for America's most economically vulnerable populations. EARN's ultimate vision is that well-informed American households will achieve financial success through proven strategies, fair public policy and their own hard work.
EARN is in the midst of a rapid transformation from a well-established direct service provider to a national organization working at the intersection of nonprofit service and financial technology. With this period of exciting growth comes new opportunities to create, maintain and analyze a growing data set and provide invaluable insights to drive our work at the organizational level and advance our mission at the systemic level. We have created the Director of Research Insights and Analytics position to help us plot a path for continued innovation and scale in the coming years by sharing our impact, refining our success metrics and maintaining a robust and meaningful knowledge management system.
Reporting to the Head of Product, EARN's Member Support Lead has primary responsibility for providing quality and efficient support to our customers through the daily management of the member support team and delivering insights to the Product and Marketing teams to improve the efficacy of our services and programs.
As Lead, you are personable, patient and calm under pressure, comfortable with conflict resolution, and confident and decisive when the situation calls for it. The Member Support Lead is an adept communicator and critical thinker who sets the tone of each member's experience in EARN's programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide daily direction and communication so customer service tickets are answered in a timely, efficient and knowledgeable manner.
• Provide continual evaluation of processes and procedures and suggest methods to improve area operations, efficiency and service to both internal and external customers.
• Provide statistical and performance feedback and coaching to team members on a regular basis.
• Help EARN members navigate our products and services and act as the first point of contact for members when they have an issue, question, or suggestion related to EARN’s products or services.
• Provide superior customer service in a timely fashion including responding to incoming phone calls and email inquiries from potential and existing savers.
• Report and track bugs affecting users and communicate effectively with our engineering team so issues can be investigated and resolved.
• Develop customer service processes, policies, and standards that will help EARN as we grow
• Track, analyze, and report on customer service requests and responses and provide feedback to the EARN team on customer issues and needs.
• Collaborate with internal teams to identify any process gaps in or areas for improvement around the member experience.
• Represent the members’ voice throughout the organization to better inform our product, communications, outreach, and marketing efforts.
• Synthesize information from member support to provide insights that improve EARN’s products and customer experience and inform new features and services.
• Actively support other EARN teams in achieving mission critical deliverables.
• Assist in identifying and contacting clients for testimonials or interviews as requested.
This position supervises Member Support Associates.
• Superior customer service skills exhibiting politeness, patience, and an empathy for a diverse community of members
• Graceful under pressure
• Highly collaborative
• Desire to identify and fix problems
• Ability to take ownership of customer issues and follow problems through to resolution
• Strong attention to detail and excellent time management and organizational skills
• Excellent verbal, written, and presentation communication skills.
• Attention to detail and ability to juggle multiple tasks
• Ability to work independently in a fast-paced changing environment
• Ability to maintain client confidentiality
• Ability to work evenings and occasional weekends as necessary
• 1-3 years of customer support, preferably in a technology environment
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Products, G Suite
• Zendesk or other ticketing software experience a plus
• Commitment to EARN’s mission and compassion for those EARN serves
Vacation & sick time
EARN values diversity in our workplace and encourage people of color, women, people with disabilities, people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, or transgender, and anyone belonging to any other federal or state protected category to apply for this position.
Level of Language Proficiency
Fluent in Spanish is a plus
Minimum Education Required