This role collaborates with a wide range of managers, staff, auditors, and external vendors as a subject matter expert on the non-profit accounting and financial standards of the organization and ensures compliance with applicable GAAP accounting standards. The successful candidate will be a hands-on participative manager and will lead and support the following areas: provide financial leadership in all stages of finance and accounting, audit(s) preparations, cash flow planning, budgeting preparation and monitoring, investment management, payroll, grant management and tracking, capital campaigns and grant management, capital projects funding and expense tracking, and provide some business office administration/managerial duties. This is a full-time in person position.
The Senior Accountant will play a critical role in partnering with the senior leadership team in strategic decision making and operations to enhance quality programming and build upon sound fiscal capacity for the organization.
This position is charged with handling these duties with the utmost confidentiality and security. This position supervises the Bookkeeper and Office Manager and coordinates financial monitoring with the Development Department and Museum Store.
· Develop and prepare accurate, timely and analytical reporting of financial statements and reports.
· Ensure that adequate accounting control structures are designed and implemented, and all necessary accounting information is completely and accurately recorded in the financial accounting systems.
· General accounting: coordination of accounts payable, accounts receivable, depositing of funds generated from sales, grants, transfers, and contributions. This includes tracking of multi-year pledges and pledge payments for the capital campaigns.
· Payroll: Management of biweekly payroll preparation, serving as the final reviewer prior to submittal. Responsible for federal 941 and NYS-1 payments on a biweekly basis, 403b employee and employer match contributions, and health and dental insurance benefit payments.
· Banking: Perform monthly bank reconciliations and quarterly reconciliations against equity balances. Ensure signing resolutions are up to date on yearly basis.
· Accounting/Audit duties: Handle all quarterly and end-of-year financial adjustments for investment activity and restricted gift and grant new gift receipts and releases, as well as yearly closing entries and supporting spreadsheets for the audit.
· Contracts: Track and file all contractual agreements between TOP and outside parties.
· Tax reporting: IRS Form W-3 and W-2s; Form 1096 and 1099, IRS Form 5500 preparation. Preparation of Form 990 and CHAR500 materials and Schedule B Donor List.
· Other duties: Preparing the minutes for finance and audit committee meetings and generating narrative reports for quarterly board meetings.
· Bachelor's degree in accounting or business administration with accounting emphasis. A committed energized colleague.
· A minimum of three to five years of relevant professional accounting experience preferably in the not-for-profit sector.
· Highly proficient with QuickBooks accounting software, have knowledge of or learn other Software packages that tie into the accounting software such as Ascent and counterpoint POS Systems, and investment tracking software.
· Highly analytical (critical thinking, data analysis and research skills).
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Proven ability to act independently and be a collaborative team coworker
· Ability to identify and diagnose problems and articulate practical solutions and alternatives.
Reports to: Senior Director of Finance, Human Resources & Business Operations
The Director of Finance & Human Resources supervises the Bookkeeper/HR Assistant and the Store Manager regarding financial responsibilities.
About The Olana Partnership
The Olana Partnership (TOP) operates Olana State Historic Site (Olana) in a cooperative agreement with the New York State Office of Parks, Recreation, and Historic Preservation (OPRHP). TOP is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization educational corporation chartered by the Board of Regents of the State of New York with an annual operating budget of $2 million and 15 full-time employees. Through four decades, TOP has harnessed the passion and philanthropic support of thousands of supporters to restore Olana’s treasures of art, architecture, and landscape. TOP’s mission to inspire the public by preserving and interpreting Olana extends to the stewardship of Olana’s nationally-significant integral viewshed. TOP’s vision is of a fully-restored Olana, vibrant with the activity of artists, scholars, students, and visitors, that will be the most widely-recognized artist’s home and studio in the world.
About Olana State Historic Site
A National Historic Landmark, Olana is the master work of America’s preeminent landscape artist, Frederic Edwin Church (1826-1900). He achieved international fame with paintings such as Niagara (1857) and The Heart of the Andes (1859) and created Olana over 40 years, beginning in 1860. Church designed every aspect of Olana, the eclectic fantasy of the main house, the bucolic assemblage of the farm complex, and the 250-acre landscape that provide a romantic, picturesque setting for the whole and engages sweeping 360-degree views. In 2019 there were over 170,000 visitors to the landscape and 33,000 ticketed visitors.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org Salary range: $62,000-$68,000, commensurate with experience. TOP offers a competitive benefits package. Review of applications will begin on November 5, 2021.
TOP policy requires all persons who are offered employment to undergo a background check, including a criminal history check, before starting to work.
The Olana Partnership is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This role collaborates with a wide range of managers, staff, auditors, and external vendors as a subject matter expert on the non-profit accounting and financial standards of the organization and ensures compliance…
Benefits package, 401k matching
Benefits package, 401k matching