20 New York Avenue
Position: Case Manager
Program/Department: Fatherhood Program
Reports to: Program Director Rashida Sykes
The Fatherhood Initiative will give young and older fathers opportunities to interact through Joint Participation in parenting skills workshops, support groups, and special events with their children. Programs will also assist fathers, including those with prior involvement in the criminal justice system, with achieving employment and education goals and with integrate aspects of conflict management, violence prevention and other support services to help fathers resolve issues and achieve economic security.
· Responsible for participant recruitment and retention
· Conducting outreach (with CBO’s and throughout the community) to identify appropriate Fatherhood Initiative participants.
· Meet with potential enrollees individually and in groups
· Track attendance/participation levels and following up with participants begin to disengage to encourage their continued participation.
· Providing at least 3 months follow-up support after participants complete or exit the program. This includes meeting with program graduates and their families, employers or other support network to assist them in achieving their personal goals and strengthening family engagement; identifying/addressing challenges for graduates during follow-up period; working with other providers to establish/maintain linkages; assisting Fatherhood Initiative case management team members in facilitating job/internship placements and service linkages;
· Documenting and reporting on follow-up services and the results thereof
· Other tasks as may be required.
· BA/BS degree, AA degree and/or certified trained peer credential required, with experience (including lived experience_ providing support services to youth/adults, sensitivity to the needs of participants and program graduates; solid communications skills.
· MUST BE BILINGUAL IN SPANISH
Medical insurance, voluntary dental and vision insurance; 23 accrued vacation days and 12 sick days, life insurance coverage paid by employer, pre-tax commuter benefits, 403b retirement plan as well as training and professional development opportunities.
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual in Spanish
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Email Resume and Cover Letter to:
Rashida Sykes, Program Director