Administrative Assistant (English-Spanish Bilingual)
- Job posted by Catholic Charities Archdiocese of New Orleans
4200 South I-10 Service Road West
General Administrative Support: Provide and coordinate administrative and operational support to program staff, ensure that program staff are compliant with grant and agency policies and procedures, assist in developing clear and streamlined program protocols, oversee special project tasks and programmatic activities, and monitor deadlines.
Specific responsibilities may include but are not limited to: English/Spanish interpretation and translation, assisting staff in document review and other aspects of case preparation; conducting intakes; drafting certain documents and forms for review; corresponding with clients by phone, email and in person; managing appointment schedules; filing deadlines and document collection; organize, maintain, and update clients’ case files and records in physical filing case management software; data entry; mailing; assisting with special projects, as necessary. Schedule and coordinate meetings as required. Maintain records. Assist with preparation of progress and financial reports and budgeting as needed. Coordinate purchasing; obtain quotes, submits orders, and processes invoice transmittals, including travel/mileage reimbursements. Assist with supervision of building operations. Other tasks may also be assigned to ensure the smooth operation of the program.
· Bilingual in Spanish and English (written and oral) is required.
· Bachelor’s degree preferred.
· Experience working with immigrants and/or vulnerable populations strongly preferred.
· Strong interpersonal and culturally competent communication skills.
· Respect for others and sensitivity to the needs and issues affecting people of diverse backgrounds.
· Ability to work independently and develop creative solutions is desired.
· Strong organizational skills and attention to detail for a fast-paced and high volume environment.
· Ability to maintain strict confidentiality regarding all case and client information.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook, and ability to learn immigration database/software.
Job Status: Full-time (Non-Exempt), contingent upon grant funding.
Full standard benefits.
Level of Language Proficiency
English-Spanish fluency required.
Minimum Education Required