Cosade Flats,First Floor,Rm1
ORGANIZATION: IHOPE Foundation (NGO)
PROJECT: Telemedicine (IHOPE SkyMed)
POSITION: Telemedicine Coordinator (1 Post)
REPORTS TO: Team Leader – IHOPE Foundation and Clinical Operations Manager – Addis Clinic
LOCATION: IHOPE Foundation Offices, Migori
POSTING DATE: 20th August, 2018
IHOPE Foundation is a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) based in Migori County working to improve rural health through creative and innovative health programming approaches. Our focus areas include; WASH, IHOPE Fellows (OVC) program, HIV/AIDS and IHOPE SkyMed-Telemedicine Project.
Addis Clinic is a Boston; USA based not-for-profit organization which utilizes telemedicine technology to connect frontline health workers with a network of physicians who are willing to dedicate their expertise to underserved communities thousands of miles away. Addis Clinic is expanding its telemedicine approach to Kenya in partnership with IHOPE Foundation.
The program is seeking an experienced Telemedicine Coordinator to take key role in planning, implementing and expansion of the program in Migori County.
· Must possess a minimum qualification of a Diploma in Clinical Medicine or Diploma in Nursing with 2 years working experience in a rural health facility setting
· Must be registered with relevant professional bodies
· Must be a Kenyan citizen
· Direct supervision of telemedicine network clinical staff
· Periodically train and orientate the clinical staff on the teleconsultations platform
· Coordinate with the technical support team to ensure that problems and system development needs are addressed
· Provide organized feedback regarding operational issues and administrative matters to Team Leader, and make recommendations to facilitate further program development
· Assist in data collection and report generation
· Ensure that all regulatory and legal requirements are implemented in the unique telemedicine setting
· Triage incoming telephone calls and appropriately handle each call by obtaining adequate information to make a proper telemedicine referral
· Create and distribute telemedicine clinic schedules, promotional material, documents, consent forms, satisfaction surveys, and various items of information to on-site medical staff and patients.
· Facilitate continued educational programming for clinical staff utilizing telemedicine equipment
· Provide back-up coverage for clinic phones, and clinic-related activities at other Telemedicine sites on an as-needed basis
· Perform random audits at remote sites (and in-hospital medical records departments) as part of the program's overall Clinical Quality Improvement activity
· Documenting and reporting project progress as required by Addis Clinic
· Other related telemedicine duties as defined by the physicians
· Good verbal and written communication skills in English
· Experience working in a clinical setting with technicians, nurses and physicians
· Telemedicine clinic experience and knowledge of various telemedicine technologies is a strong asset
· Computer skills and an ability to learn and understand the general technical requirements for the telemedicine system.
· Fast learner and the ability to understand new technology quickly
· Proficient understanding of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
· Strong organizational skills
· Demonstrated time-management skills
· Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with physicians and clinical staff
· Ability to positively represent telemedicine to external organizations and Ministry of Health
· Ability to exercise tact, courtesy and diplomacy when dealing with individuals at any level
· Ability to maintain confidentiality, exercise discretion, use independent and mature judgment
· Ability to work independently without supervision
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
MODE OF APPLICATION:
Interested candidates should hand in their applications on or before 30th August, 2018 to:
Human Resource Manager,
P.O BOX 732– 40400, Suna-Migori
Applications should have a cover letter, curriculum vitae, copies of relevant certificates and practicing license where applicable, names and contacts of three referees.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
IHOPE Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and female candidates are encouraged to apply.