Hillel of Colorado is seeking a full-time IACT Coordinator for Israel Engagement for the CU-Boulder campus. CU-Boulder Hillel has been privileged to have an IACT coordinator in Boulder for the past three years, and this new IACT professional will follow in those footsteps to work within a collaborative and committed Hillel team while leading Israel travel and educational initiatives.
IACT (Inspired, Active, Committed, Transformed) is an initiative that builds on the success of Taglit –Birthright Israel by providing support and inspiration to students before, during and after their trip. We seek a candidate for this unique position who is skilled in organizing, marketing, event planning, and program development, has a minimum of two years' work experience, and can demonstrate successful implementation of creative ideas.
The IACT Coordinator will work with students prior to their departure on Taglit-Birthright Israel, during the trip and upon their return – developing activities to engage students in Jewish life on campus; encouraging them to become involved as leaders and participants in Hillel and other student-organized Jewish programming; and facilitating their participation in existing Israel-related opportunities on and off campus.
Main goals include:
- Expanding the number of Taglit-Birthright Israel trip participants from CU-Boulder and surrounding universities through effective recruitment and marketing strategies.
- Engaging Taglit-Birthright Israel participants in continued campus activities and Jewish life in the areas of Israel education/advocacy, community service, and Jewish life and learning.
- Developing personalized follow-up and individual Jewish/Israel plans with Taglit-Birthright Israel alumni to deepen individuals' connection to Jewish life.
- Working with staff at CU-Boulder Hillel to transform campus Jewish life – with the Taglit-Birthright Israel participants as core group through which others are engaged and brought into Jewish activities.
- Advising and overseeing the activities of student groups relating to Jewish Life/ Israel-programming and education.
This position is full time and includes a comprehensive package of health benefits, vacation and sick time, and a competitive salary.
- BA with two years' employment experience – or their equivalents.
- Collaborative and Self-motivated, with energy and enthusiasm for Israel programming and travel.
- Innovative and motivated to seek out opportunities and projects.
- Comfortable presenting in front of groups: outgoing and personable.
- Excellent follow-through on projects, and the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to manage projects with many moving parts, setting and adhering to timetables and deadlines.
- Prior travel experience in Israel, and a familiarity with and passion for Israel and Jewish Life.
- Excellent organizational, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with Jewish education and outreach and a knowledge of Israeli society and culture.
- Strong and proven ability in marketing and outreach.
- Proven leadership skills, and the capacity for effective teamwork and group leadership.
About Hillel International:
In 1923, Rabbi Benjamin Frankel started Hillel with humble means, a noble mission and a breathtaking vision: to convey Jewish civilization to a new generation. Today, Hillel International continues to enrich the lives of Jewish students and is the largest Jewish campus organization in the world at more than 550 colleges and universities across North America and around the world. As Hillel evolves as an organization, the mission remains steadfast: to create lasting connections with every Jewish student that foster an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning, and Israel and train them to become the next Jewish leaders.
Hillel of Colorado is affiliated with Hillel International. Hillel International enriches the lives of Jewish students so they may enrich the Jewish people and the world, and envisions a world where every student is inspired to make an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning and Israel.
Apply at www.HillelJobs.com and include your resume and cover letter.
New Applicants: Select “Apply for this Position” to submit your application and create an account.
Previous Applicants: Scroll to the “Previous Applicants” section. Please input your e-mail address and password to login, and select “Add to My Jobs” to login and submit your application.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To Apply Apply at www.HillelJobs.com and include your resume and cover letter. New Applicants: Select Apply for this Position to submit your application and create an account. Previous Applicants: Scroll to the Previous Applicants section. Please in