Details: Living stipend of $13,732 (taxable) over 11 month service term.
2 North Killingsworth Street
LOCATION: Rural communities across Oregon. Specifically, the towns of Dufur, Monument, Maupin, Falls City, Spray, Metolius, North Lake, and Madras, Oregon, as well as various rural locations. Some service also carried out in Portland, Oregon.
SUMMARY OF POSITION: Ten positions total that report to the Program Director. ROP members will primarily be responsible for teaching music to school aged youth during and after school four to five days per week in target communities that would not otherwise have music programming. In addition, ROP members will assist in training and supervising local volunteers.
1. Teach general music classes to kindergarten through sixth grade students.
2. Teach elective music courses at the middle and high school level.
3. Organize and/or teach after-school music classes in 2-4 instruments.
4. Recruit and train community members to be volunteer teaching assistants.
5. Encourage and track youth, volunteer, and parent involvement in all activities.
6. Attend Ethos trainings and AmeriCorps sponsored orientation, trainings, and meetings.
7. Complete and submit in a timely manner all Ethos and AmeriCorps required reports and time sheets.
8. Complete 1700 hours of service over 11 months (Mid-August 2018 to July 2019).
1. Organize student performances and community music events in each town.
2. Provide community music classes.
3. Consult with staff on recruitment and long-term programming plans.
4. Complete four days of volunteer service outside of normal service site, two of which will be in conjunction with national service days.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Background in music performance or education, however other fields are also welcome provided applicant can be a proficient teacher. Experience with youth a must. Familiarity with at least 2 instruments preferred. Must be organized, creative, resourceful and self-motivated. Must have own transportation. Ethos will make every effort to ensure an inclusive environment. Applicant must pass strict FBI background check. Must apply to be an AmeriCorps member at www.americorps.gov.
PAY/BENEFITS: Living stipend of $13,732 (taxable) and medical insurance provided over 11 month service term. Upon completion of service, $5,920 in educational award (to pay tuition or student loans). Members are also eligible for loan forbearance and child care assistance. Ethos also provides a housing stipend and monthly gas reimbursement.
TO APPLY: Please submit a cover letter, resume, and 3 references to email@example.com.
CONTACT: For more information please contact: Megan Moran, Program Director (Ethos Music Center)
(971) 717-6902 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Living stipend of $13,732 (taxable) and medical insurance provided over 11 month service term. Upon completion of service, $5,920 in educational award (to pay tuition or student loans). Members are also eligible for loan forbearance and child care assistance. Ethos also provides a housing stipend and monthly gas reimbursement.
Level of Language Proficiency
Spanish proficiency is helpful but not required.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and 3 references to email@example.com.