Who We Are
FIRST® is the world’s leading youth-serving nonprofit advancing STEM education outcomes and the development of 21st century life skills. For nearly 30 years, FIRST has evolved into a global movement by engaging millions of people with a proven game-changer for preparing kids to solve the world’s greatest problems. This legacy and opportunity is as strong and dynamic as ever, as FIRST creates the people who will change the world – today and tomorrow.
About this Role
We are looking for someone who will play an integral role in designing, developing, and supporting content development for K-12 teachers, coaches, mentors, and students that support FIRST programs. The Curriculum Developer will collaborate with FIRST staff and stakeholders to identify, develop, and implement experiences that will enhance learning, promote easier engagement with FIRST programs, and create content based on the FIRST Education Philosophy. You will be successful in this role if you are well versed in leveraging digital technologies to support the development of learning activities and you apply original thinking to your work to improve processes, methods, systems, and services. We are looking for someone who is an expert communicator with the ability to tailor their communication to multiple types of audiences especially in the Education sector. The ideal candidate should be well-versed in current best practices and research in learning theories and who is continuously looking for new approaches to improve the experiences of the FIRST community.
In return, we promise a fast-paced, challenging, and rewarding environment where you will be part of a team that cares about each other and thrives on each other’s successes. You’ll feel good about the future of the world after doing hard work with the talented people at FIRST and will have a front row seat to our life changing programs.
Reports to: Director, Education. This role is located in Manchester, NH although we will consider a remote working arrangement for the right candidate.
• Design and create educational materials and experiences for students and teachers that enhance their participation in FIRST programs
• Design and create digital educational materials in FIRST Learning Management System, including, but not limited to:
o Online or blended classroom courses for teachers and students
o Online or blended resources for coaches and mentors
o Learning experiences for teachers, coaches, mentors, and students
• Work with FIRST partners on creating badging and credentialing systems for teachers and students to monitor learning progress
• Collaborate with education and program teams in planning, designing, developing and managing digital experience and resources
• Work with independent companies on the development of FIRST program resources
• Provide correlations, content mapping, and curriculum alignments to international, national, and state standards
• Evaluate and implement educational tools, trends, and innovations to improve curriculum and instructional practices
• Serve as educational representative across various FIRST program teams
• Support FIRST professional developments and creation of training materials
• Support the FIRST sales process for FIRST programs and class pack materials
Qualifications and Experience:
Commitment to FIRST® Core Values:
Discovery: We explore new skills and ideas.
Innovation: We use creativity and persistence to solve problems.
Impact: We apply what we learn to improve our world.
Inclusion: We respect each other and embrace our differences.
Teamwork: We are stronger when we work together.
Fun: We enjoy and celebrate what we do!
Thriving on our core values, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Who We Are
FIRST® is the world’s leading youth-serving nonprofit advancing STEM education outcomes and the development of 21st century life skills. For nearly 30 years, FIRST has evolved into a global movement by engaging millions of people…