14 Pennsylvania Plaza
If you are a:
Polished & Effective Communicator
Goal-Oriented Team Player
We invite you to learn more about our organization and this exciting position.
At Ovarian Cancer Research Alliance (OCRA), we work every day to fund cures, foster community, further conversations and, ultimately, the cause. As the largest private funder of ovarian cancer research, OCRA invests $6 million a year in innovative, promising research being conducting at medical institutions throughout the country.
Our peer-to-peer patient support program, Woman to Woman, provides hope and insight by pairing newly diagnosed patients with survivors who have already been through the fight and our Ovarian Cancer National Conference brings survivors together to connect, share their stories and learn about new developments in research and treatment. As the voice of the ovarian cancer community, OCRA advocates for more resources and policies on Capitol Hill and helps educate future health professionals through our Survivors Teaching Students® program. Together, we are united to defeat ovarian cancer.
This position has the opportunity to touch a nationwide community of volunteers and fundraisers who are passionately supporting the mission of OCRA to end ovarian cancer and support patients, survivors and their families. This is a great job for an energetic self-starter who is looking to build community and raise critical funds that have an impact on people’s lives while creating memorable moments.
The Development and Events Manager will take the lead in growing and managing OCRA’s diverse roster of local fundraisers held throughout the country. The primary focus will be supporting volunteer-led fundraising events including Ovarian Cycle, OCRA’s signature endurance event, and local 3rd party events. The right candidate will focus on nurturing current donor and volunteer relationships, cultivating new partnerships and generating activity that increases revenue and overall awareness.
The ideal candidate will be highly organized, self-motivated and the ultimate team player. This position reports directly to the Senior Director, Events and Corporate Partnerships, and works closely with OCRA donors, outside event producers and vendors, local sponsors, event chairs and committee members. Occasional overnight travel is required.
This position calls for someone who:
- Communicates effectively and clearly
- Advocates passionately for programs and the overall cause
- Self-manages and brings enthusiasm to every project
- Develops Volunteers and engages consistently
- High-energy with a positive attitude
- Organizes and creates clear systems and processes
- Has a track record of setting, achieving and exceeding goals
Day to day responsibilities include:
- Identify and implement best practices for peer-to-peer fundraising events including participant recruitment & retention, volunteer management, marketing/promotions and logistics resulting in OCRA revenue growth and achievement of revenue goals.
- Participate in the strategic planning process for OCRA events including fundraising goals, budget recommendations, vendor selection, volunteer goals, event timelines.
- Oversee event logistics to ensure satisfaction of participants.
- Participate in regular meetings and internal communications to share & track progress
- Develop/modify marketing and fundraising materials (promotional flyers, pledge forms, sponsorship decks, pitch letters, etc.)
- Evaluate year-to-year event performance including fundraising efficiency (cost/expense), community engagement, participant satisfaction and suggest improvements.
- Create consistent and positive volunteer interactions throughout the volunteer life cycle including recruitment, mentoring, and providing comprehensive support for volunteer leadership and participants to develop and achieve personal fundraising plans.
- Identify and network with corporations, community groups, medical institutions and key donors to grow event participation and financial support.
- Provide guidance to and develop relationships with event chairs, volunteer committees and volunteers of each event to ensure that committee members are fully supported and accomplish tasks required for the successful planning and execution of OCRA events.
- Assist with the recruitment of new committee chairs, committee members and event volunteers.
- Act as an on-site event manager, when necessary, to ensure successful event execution, and/or coordinate efforts with other relevant staff or Board members as needed.
- Work with vendors to secure the best rate or donation of services.
- Manage online event pages; produce and distribute participation and donor reports; assist participants and donors by phone and email.
- Approve and process vendor invoices, track event expenses, and provide revenue reports for events.
- Develop and maintain local events calendar; coordinate communications efforts, web and social media content and event promotion with Marketing & Communications Department; implement event eblasts as needed.
- Review and edit/approve all marketing and promotional materials created by event committees.
- Maintain event photo archives and manage social media distribution with Marketing and Communications Department.
- Monitor all social media promotion conducted by event committees.
- Provide support for other OCRA fundraising events as needed.
- Participate in regular development team meetings.
- Represent OCRA at select events (may include nights, weekends and limited travel).
- Maintain a working knowledge and understanding of OCRA's mission, research and patient support programs and active fundraising campaigns.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 3 years relevant work experience
- The ability to provide the highest-level of donor support is vital
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, database, online fundraising and e-communications platform (Salesforce NPSP, Classy and ActiveCampaign preferred)
- Sensitivity to and interest in the mission of OCRA
Thank you for your consideration and support of our mission at OCRA. For more information, please visit www.ocrahope.org. OCRA is an equal opportunity employer.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit your resume and a brief message about why you’re the right person for this exciting position to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Development and Events Manager" in the subject line. Please specify salary expectations. We will contact all relevant applicants in a timely manner. No phone calls please.