The Brookline Center for Community Mental Health is a leading Massachusetts provider of mental health care and community-based social services; a sought-after placement for training clinicians; and a partner to more than 50 agencies working to improve the wellbeing of our community’s most at-risk and vulnerable populations. The Brookline Center offers outstanding, affordable care to all who need us no matter their ability to pay, helping individuals, children, and families lead healthier, safer and fuller lives, while building a stronger community for all.
If you share our belief that there is no health without mental health and are at your professional best creating opportunities to bring donors together with great causes, consider joining our team!
The Brookline Center is seeking a strategic and enterprising Director of Individual Giving to join our team, playing a key role in advancing our philanthropic efforts and driving fundraising growth. The Director will be responsible for managing all aspects of individual giving, including a portfolio of fundraising, cultivation, and stewardship events. Successful candidates will bring ample experience, energy, intelligence, and focus to the task of strengthening development initiatives that expand access to mental health care in our community. Reporting to the Chief Development Officer, this is a wonderful opportunity for an ambitious development professional ready to move into a leadership role.
- Leads the growth of individual philanthropy to The Brookline Center through cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of supporters.
- Develops, executes, and evaluates comprehensive giving campaigns that attract and grow support from a diverse base of donors, focusing on mid-level giving between $1,000 and $10,000.
- Identifies and researches potential donors, creates donor profiles, qualifies donors, and manages portfolios.
- Works with communications and development staff to plan and execute giving-focused direct mail and cross-channel communications.
- Creates and leverages opportunities to acquire new donors and increase the Center’s visibility in the community.
- Supports the Chief Development Officer and board in the identification and cultivation of major gift prospects.
- Partners with the development associate in maintaining and continuously improving systems for timely and accurate gift tracking, reporting, and acknowledgement.
- Collaborates on the creation of engaging donor solicitations and meaningful acknowledgements and stewardship pieces and contributes content and ideas for print and online communications, including social media.
- Participates in goal-setting and tracking, and demonstrates leadership and tenacity in attaining revenue and engagement goals.
- Reports regularly on giving activities and progress.
Event and Volunteer Management:
- Works closely with a cadre of committed volunteers to plan and execute year-round cultivation, fundraising, and stewardship events, including annual events such as Believe in Brookline Kids, Women at the Center Kickoff, Edna Stein Leadership Giving Gathering, and Hand in Hand.
- Strategically manages events to maximize event attendance, revenue, guest experience, and mission engagement.
- Collaborates with leadership in securing event sponsorship and manages sponsorship benefit fulfillment.
- Staffs, provides leadership to, and grows affinity groups, including Women at the Center and Kids Fund Committee.
- Participates in strategic discussions about existing events and new event concepts.
- Proven success growing or significantly contributing to the growth of an individual giving program.
- Four or more years’ progressive fundraising experience, ideally as part of a mid-size or large development team.
- Track record of planning and executing development events that achieve revenue, attendance, and engagement goals.
- Knowledge of fundraising principles and best practices with a focus on annual fund/individual giving.
- Experience and comfort working with, stewarding, and motivating leadership level volunteers.
- Outstanding interpersonal and written/verbal communications skills.
- Highly organized, attentive to detail, and able to manage multiple projects, establish priorities, and effectively meet deadlines while demonstrating a commitment to excellence.
- Experienced with donor databases and Excel; generally tech savvy.
- Enthusiasm for The Brookline Center’s mission and interest in joining a collaborative, dynamic team.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
Competitive Benefits Package.
Interested Applicants: Please email a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a cover letter outlining your interest and qualifications