Details: Competitive Hourly Rate
100 Centre Street
The Facilities Supervisor will oversee the daily maintenance and custodial care of a community center site in East Harlem. This position reports to the Grants Administrator.
· Open community center to staff and clients Mondays through Fridays. Greet and direct visitors. Must be able to understand and interact with youth population.
· Secure site at closing of business day by following proper closing and cleaning procedures.
· Performs daily maintenance, cleaning, garbage/recycling disposal and necessary repairs of site.
· Develop and maintain a schedule of preventive maintenance and upkeep of site.
· Provide support to court advocates by setting up and coordinating weekly activities, workshops and scheduled programming for clients.
· Responsible for ordering food, supplies and equipment for site; keep inventory records. Ensure timely delivery schedule from vendors.
· Inspect building, equipment and technology; noting need for repair and replacements. Report findings to Grants Administrator.
· On call for site emergencies as needed.
· Perform all and any other duties assigned by Grants Administrator.
· Qualified candidates must have a minimum of a high school diploma or a Bachelor’s Degree.
· Must be able to operate and maintain appropriate machines; ability to lift and carry items which weigh up to 100lbs regularly.
· The position requires the ability to communicate effectively with youth, parents and administration.
· Strong organizational skills are required.
· Bilingual - Spanish/English preferred
· Must be fingerprinted and cleared.
· Personal commitment to the mission of AFJ.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required