Details: Sempervirens Fund is proud to offer a competitive salary.
419 South San Antonio Road
TRIBUTE AND LEGACY GIVING MANAGER
Los Altos, California
Sempervirens Fund seeks a full-time Tribute and Legacy Giving Manager to serve as an integral member of our dynamic, collegial and fun team of 12 professional staff. The position works directly with donors interested in dedicating a tree (minimum donation of $1,000), a grove (minimum donation of $25,000) and donors interested in making a legacy gift. The tribute program was started in the late 1960’s and through an ongoing agreement with California State Parks we have the ability to offer dedications at Big Basin, Castle Rock, and Butano State Parks. This position is responsible for stewarding existing tribute donors and marketing the program to new audiences. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who wants to build these programs to the next level from an established foundation.
Sempervirens Fund (SVF) is a fast-paced, innovative, non-profit, land conservation organization dedicated to protecting, connecting and restoring the redwood forests and surrounding landscapes of the Santa Cruz Mountains and ensuring they are accessible for people to enjoy. Located in the heart of Silicon Valley, we have a track record of innovation and leadership that creates positive impact beyond our region. Founded in 1900, Sempervirens Fund has a venerable legacy that includes the establishment of Big Basin, Castle Rock, Butano and Portola Redwoods State Parks and the 31-mile Skyline-to-the Sea Trail. Today, we are finding new ways to protect one of the most significant natural and scenic areas in the world replete with towering redwoods, clear running streams filled with coho salmon, majestic ocean views and miles of trails.
For more information about Sempervirens Fund, please visit www.sempervirens.org.
· Develop, implement, and continually refines overall strategies working with current legacy and tribute donors and prospects.
· Identifies and solicits tribute giving prospects capable of making a minimum gift of $1,000 to dedicate a single tree or a minimum gift of $25,000 to dedicate a grove of trees.
· Identifies and contacts legacy giving prospects to grow the Redwoods Legacy Society through personal contact and small events.
· Cultivates and stewards prospects and donors using moves management to track progress.
· Supervises the work of the Donor Relations Manager as related to dedicated trees, groves and legacy giving.
· Hikes with prospects and donors to identify a tree or grove to be dedicated in Big Basin, Butano, or Castle Rock State Park.
· Manages and improves dedicated tree and legacy giving programs.
· Writes marketing materials and communications for the legacy and tribute giving programs.
· Designs and manages the tribute and legacy giving program budget.
· Presents necessary updates to the Director of Development and organizational leaders.
· Produces reports and donor briefs as needed.
· Manages bequest administration, maintains records of bequests in process and communicates with estate administrators.
· Five years demonstrated and progressively challenging fundraising experience including previous experience in personal solicitation.
· Commitment to the mission of the Sempervirens Fund.
· Knowledge of various legacy gift vehicles.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills and engaging interpersonal skills.
· Ability to think strategically including the ability to initiate and set priorities.
· Excellent time-management, problem solving skills and the ability to work independently.
· Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office.
· Experience working with Board members and volunteers.
· Personal qualities of integrity, sense of humor, and “can do, will do” attitude.
· Direct experience with donor and prospect databases, including using moves management, experience using Raisers Edge preferred.
· Willingness to travel within the Bay Area for prospect visits.
· Ability to work some weekends and evenings.
· Ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
· Must possess a valid driver’s license.
· Ability to hike in forests and lift up to 20 pounds.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
Sempervirens Fund is proud to offer a competitive salary and a generous, comprehensive package of health, dental and retirement benefits. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Sempervirens Fund is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from a diversity of backgrounds to apply. To be considered, please send your cover letter and resume (as a single PDF) in the Subject line “Your Name – Tribute and Legacy Giving Manager” to email@example.com by November 9, 2018.