For more than 30 years, Physicians for Human Rights (PHR) has used science and medicine to document and call attention to mass atrocities and severe human rights violations. PHR, which shared in the 1997 Nobel Peace Prize for its work to end the scourge of landmines, is poised for even greater growth and impact. As part of that strategy, we are very excited to be recruiting committed activists with a passion for human rights.
One such role is that of development associate. This position will be an integral member of the individual giving team and is responsible for assisting in a full range of development operations, communications, and special events activities that support fundraising for PHR. These activities include direct support of the annual fundraising Gala event; management of SalesForce, the development donor management database; and direct operational support to the development department and the executive director.
Reports to: Chief Development Officer
Location: New York, NY
• Serve as the primary contact for all SalesForce database functions, including a) maintaining and updating constituent records and ensuring data integrity and hygiene; b) recording gifts and generating gift acknowledgements in a timely and professional manner; and c) running data queries and reports on a weekly, monthly, and annual basis.
• Assist the CDO and others to carry out PHR’s annual gala and other donor events by coordinating award recipient travel and accommodation; managing mailings, maintaining database, and generating solicitation and acknowledgement letters; carrying out prospect research; acting as key support for day-of-event activities; and other tasks as needed.
• Lead the monthly income reconciliation process with the Finance team as well as track and update the annual development budget and expense projections.
• Coordinate travel and meeting logistics for PHR staff and board members on fundraising trips, including itinerary coordination, developing meeting materials and briefings, and expense reconciliation.
• Work with Human Resources to hire development interns and supervise them, both undergraduate and graduate students, on daily tasks as well as long-term projects.
• Respond promptly and professionally to all development-related enquiries and requests for information from internal staff.
• Rely on best practices and own judgement to identify and make recommendations to senior management on the improvement of existing systems and/or the creation of new systems to optimize productivity and accuracy.
• Attend evening activities as required (less than 10 percent).
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, with several years of demonstrated successful development experience preferred.
• Direct experience working with and managing SalesForce database functions.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs (Word and PowerPoint), with advanced knowledge of Excel required.
• Strong judgement and decision-making skills.
• Strong research, analytic, and synthesis skills, with a high bar for work product.
• Attention to detail and a commitment to data accuracy.
• Capacity to manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
• Energetic self-starter with outstanding organizational skills, the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines, and the ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment, while knowing when to elevate issues and seek help and guidance.
• Mature, flexible, resourceful problem-solver and a fast learner with the ability to work both independently and as a member of a team.
• Excellent written and oral communications, editorial, organizational, and time management skills.
• Technology-savvy with an understanding of data base systems and management.
For more than 30 years, Physicians for Human Rights (PHR) has used science and medicine to document and call attention to mass atrocities and severe human rights violations. PHR, which shared in the 1997 Nobel Peace Prize for its work to end the…
Please email cover letter (with salary requirements) and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job title of the position you are applying for in the subject line of your email. Kindly indicate where you saw this job posting in your cover letter.
Please email cover letter (with salary requirements) and resume to email@example.com. Please include the job title of the position you are applying for in the subject line of your email…