Reporting to the Vice President for Health Homes, the Nurse Coordinator is responsible for the overall health promotion of services delivered in the Case Management Program at Housing Works. To this end, the Nurse Coordinator provides basic health education information to care team members and clients in an effort to maintain, improve and adopt healthy lifestyles among the target population. The Nurse Coordinator will be familiar with population health within a case management model.
- The Nurse Coordinator will work in tandem with the VP, Healthcare Analyst and Clinical Coordinator to prioritize health concerns of clients and stratify patient populations to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Collaborates with case managers, providers, and other ancillary staff to achieve company-wide strategic goals and objectives.
- Assess the care of high need clients to ensure assessments are clinically appropriate.
- Develops and presents health education and promotion programs such as training workshops, conferences, in small groups as well as individual sessions.
- Assists in developing operational plans and policies necessary to achieve clinical outcomes.
- Strong understanding of case management workflow and electronic health records.
- Performs other related duties.
- LPN or BSN Bachelor’s degree in Nursing. Master’s degree in Public Health desired.
- NYS Registered Nurse License; this License must be maintained for the duration of employment.
- Minimum of 2 years experience providing nursing related duties.
- Experience with or strong knowledge of issues affecting individuals living with HIV/AIDS and co-occurring disorders
- Ability to travel between the Agency’s case management offices in Manhattan, Brooklyn and Bronx.
- Commitment to client centered, outcome oriented culture.
- Effective written, verbal and computer skills.
- Ability to work in a team management system.
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office and other databases needed to manage outcomes
Housing Works provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements.
Minimum Education Required