14 East 28th Street
The Career Network, is an innovative program that uses the evidence-based practice of supported employment to help program participants achieve their employment goals. This position is located at CUCS’s Bronx sites. We provide services to both CUCS’s supported housing programs and to individuals with special needs living in the community at large. We work with individuals with various special needs including a history of severe and persistent mental illness, HIV/AIDS and/or a history of homelessness. Our services are person-centered, using a strengths-based, harm reduction model. We work collaboratively as a team of social workers to develop clinical and workforce development interventions to help our participants thrive as they try out challenges in the world of work. The program seeks to assist participants in their recovery path with the goal of assisting them toward living a full and satisfying life in the community.
The social worker position provides a full range of employment services to individuals and adjusts interventions as needed based on the social work’s assessment of participant needs. Direct services experience with population served by the program is preferred as this position is responsible for direct oversight of a caseload.
Clinical supervision offered for this position can be applied toward LCSW licensure or licensure as a Mental Health Counselor.
Experience and Education Required:
• MSW required, LMSW preferred or a Masters degree in Mental Health Counseling.
• CUCS requires that all full-time social workers who provide services within the LMSW or LCSW scope of practice to have a license within 6 months from date of hire.
• Recent and upcoming graduates and experienced clinicians encouraged to apply.
• Relevant experience working with people diagnosed with severe and persistent mental illness preferred.
• Must have excellent outreach, assessment, written and verbal communication skills.
• Must be able to work effectively as a team.
• Computer literacy.
• Knowledge of entitlements a plus.
Level of Language Proficiency
• Bi-Lingual English/Spanish preferred.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send resume and cover letter to the following email address: Megan.Florio@cucs.org
- Applicants will only be considered for positions they apply for.
- CUCS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind