85 Broad Street
The Executive Assistant will support Vilcek Foundation Executives and Board of Directors. The Executive Assistant is responsible for providing administrative and logistical support for all foundation’s programs.
Administrative Support for the President, Chairman, and Vice Chairman:
- Provide administrative support to Rick Kinsel-President, Jan Vilcek-Chairman, and Marica Vilcek-Vice Chairman, as needed.
- Assist with preparation of Board meetings, and materials including board presentation, agenda, and fiscal reporting.
- Maintain general records and files including founding documents and fiscal records.
- Schedule and confirm appointments and travel for senior management.
- Organize and update contacts, reimbursements, take and respond to phone messages, read and respond to email as needed.
- Prepare presentations, printed materials and conduct research to prepare for meetings with Vilcek Foundation affiliates.
- Relay the staff meeting agenda to senior management.
- Assist with drafting correspondence and copyediting as needed.
- Coordinate schedules, travel and accommodations for Vilcek Foundation events and executives.
- Schedule inter-office meetings.
- Assist as required with writing, research, correspondence, purchasing, facilities management and facilities upkeep.
- Maintain memberships and subscriptions.
General Programmatic and Administrative Support:
- Provide support with all Foundation initiatives including the Vilcek Foundation Art Collections, Vilcek Prize, Vilcek Prize for Creative Promise, Awards Gala, Traveling Exhibitions, etc.
- Track incoming telephone, mail, and email inquiries, respond in a courteous manner, take accurate messages, provide basic information regarding the Foundation and its programs, refer more complex inquiries to appropriate person
- Order and track office supplies, stamps/postage as needed.
- Database management, including mailing lists, guest lists, etc.
- Follow and maintain calendar(s), contacts, and the press list.
- Maintain expense reports.
- Coordinate mailing lists and distribution of press releases, flyers, and brochures.
- Provide administrative support for all Foundation events.
- Manage and maintain Foundation phone and Internet service.
- Executive Assistant and Events and Programs Coordinator will work together to coordinate all front of house activities at the foundation’s facility at 21 East 70th Street.
- Help manage and oversee the reception area.
- Greet and screen incoming visitors in a professional and friendly manner and promptly notify appropriate staff member of their arrival.
Other General Requirements:
- All staff members are expected to help cover the reception desk and greet visitors as needed.
- All staff members are expected to ensure that all mail sent from the Foundation is handled in a professional and accurate manner.
- All staff members are expected to perform additional duties as assigned.
- Maintaining a convivial atmosphere and cooperative spirit at the workplace is highly desirable.
The ideal candidate should have prior administrative experience and excellent oral and written communication skills. The position requires a person who is well organized, detail-oriented, and self-motivated. Candidate must also have outstanding interpersonal skills, a professional, courteous manner, and be comfortable interacting with the public. Detailed knowledge of computers and facility with applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, FileMaker, Keynote, Salesforce, Mac OS, Internet navigation/search functions, and calendar and database programs is essential.
Competitive Salary and Generous Benefits Package
o Health Benefits
o Dental & Vision Reimbursement Plan
o Flexible Spending Account
o 401(k) and Employer Match
o Generous Paid-Time Off
o Paid Holidays
o Professional Development
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
How to apply:
Qualified applicants are invited to send a cover letter and resume to the Director of Human Resources, Chris Rungoo at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Vilcek Foundation is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, or disability, with respect to recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment.