Full Time Temporary
501 3rd Street Northwest
District of Columbia
The Political Department at CWA has pioneered a leadership development program (Boot Camps) that have been ongoing for almost 5 years. We have developed a large cadre of rank and file activists that have increased their political organizer skills and are aligned in a critical analysis of the current economic and political crisis facing working class people in America and around the world today. We are looking for a experienced political data organizer that can lead our programs data operations and further expand our field use and capacity of data for political work. They will have a critical role in training and developing our best and most developed rank and file organizers to the highest level of running political data within their states. This is an amazing opportunity for anyone that wants to help further build one of the most radical and militant rank and file programs in labor.
- Provide data, targeting, and technological guidance and support for organizing, issue, and/or electoral campaigns.
- Administer, support, and train users on organizing and engagement systems.
- Use tools and techniques to conduct targeting, analysis, and reporting for organizing, issue, and/or electoral campaigns.
- Assist staff and affiliates in developing strategies, data processes, and reporting to accurately measure progress toward organizing goals.
- Provide data driven strategic guidance on best tactics and tools to achieve goals to leadership.
- Create and/or maintain internal databases, including manipulation of voter, membership, volunteer, and other person level data.
- Work with internal and external staff to establish best practices and standards for data collection, acquisition, and preservation.
- Work across departments and with vendors to integrate the flow of information across organizing tools and other systems used by CWA.
- Develop and administer data collection systems for integrating data from field and digital campaigns.
- Familiarity with online and electoral tools and datasets such as Action Network, Salsa, Catalist, VAN, and other constituent relationship management tools.
- Strong Microsoft Word and Excel skills, and experience with at least one of the following areas:
-Relational databases and SQL
-Programming or scripting languages
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to communicate technical subjects to non–technical individuals.
- Ability to continually develop skills related to use of rapidly changing technology and communications best practices.
- Understanding of common direct voter contact programs and labor organizing practices.
- Experience in the use of data and analytics to drive effective decision-making in organizing, issue, and/or electoral organizing.
- Effective time management skills, including demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and projects.
- Ability to work long and extended hours when needed.
- BA or BS in related field or equivalent work experience
- Wage scale: $56,294‒$79,320
- Maximum four year term
- Benefits and other terms as described in The Guild contract, 10/01/2015
- Position covered by The Guild contract with CWA
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested candidates please submit résumé to: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org.