Details: Competitive and commensurate with experience
20 Jay St.
About Explore Schools:
Explore Schools is a network of public charter schools providing 2,000 students in Brooklyn with the outstanding education they deserve. Our mission is to provide students with the academic skills and critical-thinking abilities they need to succeed in a college-preparatory high school.
What We Believe:
- Creating collaborative, focused, and individualized learning environments for students is essential
- Student engagement, critical thinking, and relationship building are top priorities
- Ongoing staff development and growth are key levers for student achievement
About the Position:
Explore Schools is seeking an experienced and dedicated educator to serve as a School Dean. The School Dean is responsible for working closely with students, parents, and teachers to maintain a positive school culture characterized by the three key qualities: students demonstrate a desire to succeed; adults demonstrate a belief in all students; and a sense of community is intentionally nurtured. We are seeking educators who believe deeply in our student-centered mission by constantly holding students to high expectations, working tirelessly towards results, and possessing a “whatever it takes” attitude.
- Build and maintain a positive school culture
- Design and implement school wide celebrations
- Support classroom teachers with de-escalation and the student removal process
- Manage red slip process and in and out of school suspensions
- Manage student tardy/attendance data
- Participate in CST process
- Conduct parent workshops, group counseling sessions, and intervention groups
- Assist with non-instructional supervision of students, as needed, such as arrival/dismissal and hallway monitoring
- Keep accurate & organized records of student information
- Collaborate with colleagues throughout the Explore Schools network
- Dedication to our mission. A steadfast commitment to ensuring our students have the tools they need to attend a college preparatory high school and beyond.
- Determination. A willingness to make things happen and a sense of urgency around closing the achievement gap.
- Strong communication. The ability to communicate in a direct and sensitive fashion with students, parents, and colleagues.
- Team player. A desire to work in a team-oriented environment and collaborate with colleagues.
- Growth mindset. An ability to receive frequent feedback with humility and a strong desire to grow and develop as an educator.
- Reflective attitude. An ability to constantly reflect on student data as well as personal areas of strength and growth.
- Flexibility. Willingness to work in an ever-changing field and face challenges with a positive attitude.
- Professional integrity. A personal alignment with the values and ethical standards of Explore Schools.
- Bachelor’s degree, required
- 3+ years teaching experience, required
- Excellent classroom management, required
- Competitive and commensurate with experience
Competitive benefits package
Minimum Education Required