Details: Salary is commensurate with experience
The 50-State Campaign for Achievement Now is incubating a new advocacy effort whose goal is to ensure every child has the opportunity to attend a great public school. The project partners with parents, schools, community partners, and public leaders to create and implement advocacy strategies to drive lasting reform.
50-CAN is a nonprofit organization that works at the local level to advocate for a high-quality education for all kids regardless of their address. We help develop local education leaders by providing them with the research, tools and ideas needed to create learning environments that best meet every child’s needs. 50CAN operates campaigns in Delaware, Georgia, Hawaii, New Jersey, New Mexico, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina and Tennessee, affiliates in Maryland and Virginia, a national headquarters in Washington, D.C. and is led by CEO & Founder Marc Porter Magee.
The 50CAN-supported project seeks a talented multimedia producer as its Creative Production Manager. Reporting to the Managing Director of Communications, the Creative Production Manager will be an integral part of our communications team and lead the production of creative content for a new project of our organization.
The Creative Production Manager is responsible for developing cutting edge creative content aligned to our campaigns across several states. Specific responsibilities of the Creative Production Manager will include (but are not limited to):
- Owning full production of short (typically :30-:60 second) videos - including interviewing, filming, and editing;
- Designing social media and other digitally-focused graphics;
- Designing direct mail and other printed materials;
- Collaborate with others on the communications team (content, copywriting, digital)
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS:
Candidates should enjoy working in a dynamic, results-oriented environment in which expectations are high for both the quality and speed of work. In addition, they should have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 2-3 years of professional experience in creative production;
- A strong background in video production and graphic design;
- Experience with Adobe Suite - specifically Illustrator, Photoshop, and Premiere
- A professional background in nonprofits and startups in a plus;
- Experience in an education policy or other issue advocacy environment is a plus;
- Excellent writing and and other communication skills and strong attention to detail;
- The ability to prioritize, multi-task, and follow-through in a demanding, strategic, fast-paced environment; and
- An understanding of the role of creative content in achieving campaign victories.
In keeping with the work, candidates must be able to travel and work off site periodically, and work moderately irregular hours when needed.
New York City, NY
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit an application to https://50can.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=18
A comprehensive benefits package is included.
Minimum Education Required